There are newer employer reviews for Cathay General Bancorp

Chinese bank.......

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Cathay General Bancorp

Pros

I do enjoy the annual bonus payout but it has decreased due to issues with that home mortgage loan mess and the downturn in the economy.

Cons

Maybe this is just me but the silence drives me nuts! In the department I work in, you can probably hear a mouse's fart. Yes, we are all suppose to be working and getting work done but where is the friendly chit-chat that keeps things interesting inside the office? Work drags even more in a dead-silent and boring environment. Also, being quite new in my position (just over a year), it's difficult for me to keep up. The manager tells me to feel free to ask for help but everyone always have their heads buried in their work. They don't take their mandatory breaks during the day and sometimes they eat their lunch at their desks and continue to work. It doesn't feel accommodating at all. I feel guilty every time I go to one of my peers for assistance. Oh, and I also don't like their training - "Take a look at last year's work, read the procedural manual and just read up on possible updates on the internet. If you need help, feel free to ask someone." BLEH!

Put some life into the department please! I go some days saying less than 20 words, it's boring me to death! And definitely be more considerate of your new workers who have had zero experience in the kind of work you all do. Implementing a shadowing approach will do wonders for any new hires in the department.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Cathay General Bancorp (View Most Recent)

This may a great place to work for if you are a college student.

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Cathay General Bancorp

Pros

Manager can give you flexible schedule if you request.

Cons

Low pay.
    Unprofessional training.
    Limited opportunity to advance.
    Limited resources to employees.

A great learning environment and valuable experience

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Cathay General Bancorp

Pros

Responsibilities that have an impact on the company
    Senior management is supportive when an individual is self-driven
    Hands-on tasks give interns a lot of experience and knowledge of the banking industry

Cons

Sometimes response from co-workers was slow, so an intern is not able to get their work done.

Build an efficient workflow process for documentation. Develop better ways to electronically store large batches of documents (loan files).

There are newer employer reviews for Cathay General Bancorp