There are newer employer reviews for Catherines

Hard to get Fired

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead
Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead

I have been working at Catherines part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for retail, very flexible hours. Management takes a lot of time to make sure you know what you are doing, and leads by example.

Cons

Very little staff, no one to pick up your hours if you are sick. Some employees are lazy or underachievers, corporate is slow at getting back to any issues you have.

If an employee is constantly flagged with policy violations and customer complaints, it might be a good idea to re-train them, or terminate their employment.

reviews filtered by
  1. Just an average company to work for.

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at Catherines part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment great customers nice clothing.

Cons

No room to grow in the company. Illiterate management.

Hire people to get the job done in a professional manner.

2. I'm usually happy

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Catherines part-time (more than a year)

Pros

To start you get more than minimum wage, your hours are very flexible. If they can accomodate you they will. You get a wonderful feeling by making plus-sized women feel beautiful, and usually your coworkers and management really believe in the company. Starting as an associate it is pretty easy to advance in status.

Cons

Sometimes managment can be too friendly in dealing with employee misbehavior, and it takes a LONG time and too many warnings to get someone out. There are too few hours to make it worth while to more than 10 employees in a single store, so when someone quits or gets fired it's hard on the whole team.

Increase payroll hours and please expedite termination for unfit employees. Also, you push the credit cards and savings memberships too hard on stores. Generally we see about 80% of our customers already have one or both cards, so our goals are unrealistic.

There are newer employer reviews for Catherines