Low pay, inconsistent scheduling, and terrible management.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Catherines part-time for more than a year

Pros

The employee discount and the fact I had a job were the only pros.

Cons

I worked here for a little over a year and literally had four different store managers in that time frame. The assigned work schedules were inconsistent. There were some weeks when I'd only be scheduled to work 10 hours for an entire week! Store management would never give you a schedule more than a week ahead of time. The management was incompetent, and the pay was 25 cents above minimum wage. Just an awful job.

Train store associates so they can properly and successfully do their jobs. Hire competent store managers.

Other Reviews for Catherines

AWFUL

I worked at Catherines part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, easy to learn.

Cons

I worked for Catherines for over 2 years in several stores and the pay was so low for my job duties. First I started off as a regular sales associate and I only worked about 6 hours a week. It wasn't even worth the gas it took to get there, honestly. I stuck it out and after a year I was basically a shift manager. I believe the company had unrealistic sales expectations, to the point where staff around various stores became pushy with customers in order to meet sales goals. Our clothes are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced ($40-$60 dollars is the general price range for an item of clothing). There were so many different sales and media that we had to set up, meaning we had to rearrange the store about once a month. The pressure to make sales combined with nasty/angry customers and the crazy amount of store maintenance was absurd.
    The corporate culture is just shameful.
    Few hours - unless you're willing to take on a management position, be prepared to work only between 3-12 hours a week. This is company policy, as they are really stingy with their hours and pay.

Management was really nice, they are just following orders from their bosses and corporate demands.

A great place for part-time work

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Lead in Everett, WA

I have been working at Catherines part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible hours/schedules, friendly atmosphere, Great employee discount program, fair return policies

Cons

Pay is exactly what you would expect from a retail job, Hiring age is aimed at older applicants, no part-time benefits

There are newer employer reviews for Catherines.

Worked for Catherines? Contribute to the Community!