Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

www.catholiccharitiesdc.org
  www.catholiccharitiesdc.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

Great co-workers, ok company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington full-time

Pros

My department was awesome. My supervisor was helpful and flexible and my co workers were hard working, friendly, and trustworthy.

Cons

Upper managment didn't always seem accessible or supportive. My salary was low. Unstable work environement due to lay offs. Felt conflicts when my personal beliefs conflicted with Catholic beliefs. Organization actively campaigned against DC passing gay marriage laws.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington (View Most Recent)

In desperate need of organizational development.

Former Employee - Shelter Manager
    Former Employee - Shelter Manager

I worked at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington

Pros

Numerous social service programs allow consumers many life enhancing opportunities. The evening shift offers time flexibility to complete daytime tasks.

Cons

Senior management was incompetent and unable to provide solutions to serious problems. They support each other's needs and entertain their own ideas without there being a 'trickle down factor."

Inservice training and ongoing organizational/infrastructure development is sorely needed. All staff need to have diverity training to deal amicably with various cultures and lifetyles.

Rewarding, fulfilling job

I have been working at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

You will get the chance to work with amazing, inspiring co-workers. The work is hands on, client interactive and fulfilling. Wonderful chance to help real people.

Cons

The only con is that the job may seem spread thin on resources, but this issue is common to the non-profit world, generally.

Work at Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington? Share Your Experiences

Catholic Charities of The Archdiocese of Washington