Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

This job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

Cons

I spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Senior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

reviews filtered by
  1. Not A Bad Company

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

Fairly good Co Workers; Good benefits and lots of holidays throughout the year'

Cons

No salary increase or bonus for 3 years; some discriminatory practices.

Investigate both sides of the story; don't allow preference of race to cloud decisions.

2. Worse place to work

Former Employee - Health Care Integrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Health Care Integrator in New York, NY

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of Catholic holidays, work for a pay check but won't enjoy the work load or environment. Some good benefits. 4 Weeks vacation.

Cons

Long work hours, work overload, work can interfere with family and personal life. They don't care about no one, as long as the work is done that's all they care about. Highly stress environment. Hostile place to work. Supervisor like to belittle direct care workers. B2H program is the worst. No COLA for the last couple of years.

Try to work better with direct care worker, understand were members of the same team. Stop acting you're better than the others. advocate for raises. Both sides needs to be heard and the bullying by some management needs to stop.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau