Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

www.cgshb.org

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Current Employee - Case Worker I  in  Bronx, NY
Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY

Pros

This job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

Cons

I spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Senior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

Other reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Not A Bad Company

Pros

Fairly good Co Workers; Good benefits and lots of holidays throughout the year'

Cons

No salary increase or bonus for 3 years; some discriminatory practices.

Investigate both sides of the story; don't allow preference of race to cloud decisions.

70 hour workweek

Pros

experience in dealing with all sort of crises and on going problems

Cons

understaffed, underpaid direct care staff is the downfall o the entire company. these people need to be better paid.

increase the pay rate from the bottom up. The people on the front line (direct care staff) are the most important yet the least valued. If they were paid more and appreciated more, the rest of the problems would be solved. as a previous manager, all of the issues I dealt with came from a lack of feeling valued by my direct staff. Had they received a more fair wage for the work they do, the rest of the company would run smoothly.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau.

Worked for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau? Contribute to the Community!