Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

www.cgshb.org
  www.cgshb.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

It provided a salary to pay my rent.

Cons

The morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors barking at their workers. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.

All of us are on the same team and are committed to our families. We work without overtime, yet the treatment and conditions are deplorable.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (View Most Recent)

HORRIBLE COMPANY TO GROW IN

Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Case Worker I in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

This job has given me nothing to list as a Pro, besides being able to help children. :-/

Cons

I spend all of my waking hours either thinking about work, or doing work. My life has now been tormented with thoughts of what my clients are doing, when I have to call to check up, and how I am going to learn and get all of this work done.

Senior management has a no-care attitude towards their employees, and they show you this attitude from the start. If this job had a training period, then maybe I would respect and appreciate my work there more. On top of that, they threw me into the job with 20 cases and no working knowledge of what I'm supposed to do and/or say in court.

Not A Bad Company

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

Fairly good Co Workers; Good benefits and lots of holidays throughout the year'

Cons

No salary increase or bonus for 3 years; some discriminatory practices.

Investigate both sides of the story; don't allow preference of race to cloud decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau