Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

www.cgshb.org
  www.cgshb.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

70 hour workweek

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (less than an year)

Pros

experience in dealing with all sort of crises and on going problems

Cons

understaffed, underpaid direct care staff is the downfall o the entire company. these people need to be better paid.

increase the pay rate from the bottom up. The people on the front line (direct care staff) are the most important yet the least valued. If they were paid more and appreciated more, the rest of the problems would be solved. as a previous manager, all of the issues I dealt with came from a lack of feeling valued by my direct staff. Had they received a more fair wage for the work they do, the rest of the company would run smoothly.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau (View Most Recent)

Family Environment

Current Employee - Social Worker in Bronx, NY
    Current Employee - Social Worker in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is a great room for growth in this company with much to learn. It is satisfying to assist families with the ability to reach their goals.

Cons

Case loads are high, stress level is high. You must have a passion for social work and helping others to be able to handle this job.

Spend more time listening to front line staff because the work can be overwhelming and it helps when administration stand by you.

Thank goodness this agency does not represent what social work is about-A HORRIBLE PLACE

I worked at Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau

Pros

It provided a salary to pay my rent.

Cons

The morale in our office was awful. On many occasions, you would hear supervisors barking at their workers. It was one of the worst jobs I have ever had.

All of us are on the same team and are committed to our families. We work without overtime, yet the treatment and conditions are deplorable.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Guardian Society and Home Bureau