Catholic Health Initiatives

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

Good Company to Work For

Current Employee - Clinical Informatics in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Clinical Informatics in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable, benefits package, faith based, & give back to the community.

Cons

Very large and spread out across the country.

Better communication.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives (View Most Recent)

The first years were great, but they gradually went down the tubes.

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have reasonably good benefits, although they aren't as good as they used to be. Most of the people are really good to work with.

Cons

The general atmosphere has grown to be quite negative. Workers are starting to snip at each other. Managers seem unsympathetic to the situation for the employees under them. Some perks and benefits are disappearing. It no longer feels like the welfare and happiness of the employees are important to anyone in management. For instance, when I was laid off (which is new...no one was EVER laid off in the past), not even my direct supervisor made any comments about my past service. A woman laid off with me had been there more than 20 years, and not one person in management said good-bye or recognized her past service and dedication at all. That type of behavior toward employees was unheard of in the past.

CHI is supposed to be a faith-based organization, but only lip service, at best, is given to any kind of practical application of faith in the workplace. CHI feels has come to feel like a cut throat "big business". My advice is to get back to your values and begin again to apply it to your approach to your employees and your patients. Take this seriously. The direction you are now going is a mistake, and it will backfire sooner or later. You are, in theory, a caring health providing organization. The atmosphere at my local CHI agency has gone from cooperative, happy and optimistic about the future to snippy, depressed, and pessimistic.

complete overhaul necessary, or doomed

Former Employee - Physician Liaison in Lexington, TN
    Former Employee - Physician Liaison in Lexington, TN

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than an year)

Pros

some very bright employees; unfoirtunately they've all left

Cons

awfully mismanaged, de-centralized; morale, especiually among health care workers, is worst I've ever seen.

revamp...