Catholic Health Initiatives

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

Good Company to Work For

Current Employee - Clinical Informatics in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Clinical Informatics in Denver, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stable, benefits package, faith based, & give back to the community.

Cons

Very large and spread out across the country.

Better communication.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives (View Most Recent)

The first years were great, but they gradually went down the tubes.

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

They have reasonably good benefits, although they aren't as good as they used to be. Most of the people are really good to work with.

Cons

The general atmosphere has grown to be quite negative. Workers are starting to snip at each other. Managers seem unsympathetic to the situation for the employees under them. Some perks and benefits are disappearing. It no longer feels like the welfare and happiness of the employees are important to anyone in management. For instance, when I was laid off (which is new...no one was EVER laid off in the past), not even my direct supervisor made any comments about my past service. A woman laid off with me had been there more than 20 years, and not one person in management said good-bye or recognized her past service and dedication at all. That type of behavior toward employees was unheard of in the past.

CHI is supposed to be a faith-based organization, but only lip service, at best, is given to any kind of practical application of faith in the workplace. CHI feels has come to feel like a cut throat "big business". My advice is to get back to your values and begin again to apply it to your approach to your employees and your patients. Take this seriously. The direction you are now going is a mistake, and it will backfire sooner or later. You are, in theory, a caring health providing organization. The atmosphere at my local CHI agency has gone from cooperative, happy and optimistic about the future to snippy, depressed, and pessimistic.

Outsourced due to obama care but reality is

Former Employee - Wont in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Wont in Englewood, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Descent amount of PTO taking it that can be a real problem,

Cons

Management needs to be overhauled, the CEO seems clueless about how to run his organization, outsourced all talent to India and Phillipenes, the back lash on that alone is huge. They work you to death and if you thought High school was bad backstabbing fake 2 faced people is an every day event.
     The people that work hard are usually left alone and the lazy people sadly are also left alone.
     LOW pay low raises but management always seems to get bonuses. They outsourced IT to keep their bonuses. They do not follow the 4 morals they stand upon Reverence, Intergrity Compassion and excellence. They tossed those all away when they outsourced all of their talent out the door. To much fall back on Contractors then complain they are spending to much money in IT. The direction patient care is over used but not followed, The outsource was to save them 50 million over 5 years but needed to cut 2 Billion you can see the correlation there...and the outsource company was Wipro and after seeing that backlash I will never stay at a catholic hospital again.

Fire all upper management replace Kevin Lofton he has no back bone and doesnt seem to have a clue on how to run this company. In the 9 years I worked there we re organized 4 times and then outsourced. Its a real mess there and now with all support being over seas support to all locations is slow or non existant.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives