There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

Good when IT was all in house

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Little Rock, AR
Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good Pay
Good Insurance
Good work environment

Cons

Understaffed
Did not always back employees enforcing rules
Always willing to bend or break rules for the right person instead of having a standard and sticking to it

none

reviews filtered by

Good benefits even for part time!

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Even as a part time employee I was given loads of paid vacation and ample sick days. This is where management is very understanding. I was treated as an adult should be and given these when requested (given that I proved enough notice ahead of time which is the responsible thing to do anyways).

Cons

The department I worked in they where not very flexible with my hours. And being a full-time student as well they refused to work around my school schedule so I had to leave.

Unfortunately my experience with management was pretty poor. I really hope all management isn't this way. I was a database manager and my boss thought he knew what he was doing. And kept screwing with the database I was supposed to be managing and then things would go missing. I talked to him about this several times as nicely as I could but he seemed to think he knew better even though he was not trained in anyway to do my job.

EPMO is a mess

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives (more than a year)

Pros

All I can think is PTO, although last year we were required to take a week off between Christmas and New Years. All holidays also come out of your PTO.

Cons

Lay offs not due to performance but monetary only. So those that deserve to stay were let go. Really was a popularity contest.
     One team had half the team members laid off and keep management so the ratio for manager to employee is 1:1.
    EPMO does not follow the rest of the company in allowing work the ability to work from home. A PM mentioned in another review the VP does not believe in it so most managers do not allow it.
    Issues with Clarity and QA

All time low for everyone, give in to what you can control. Allow EMPO employees to work from home 1-2 days a week.
    Everyone understands we are under budget but lay offs were handled poorly. Those laid off were scared to tell anyone, only management seemed to know about those that were going and everyone was scared for an entire week they could be one of the people getting the ax (Not probably a CHI friendly word).

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives