Catholic Health Initiatives

www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
  www.catholichealthinitiatives.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

Large healthcare organization growing and changing to adapt to tomorrow's healthcare environment.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst
Current Employee - Financial Analyst

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time

Pros

Good benefits and work life balance. Good learning opportunity as CHI adapts to the changes occurring in the healthcare industry. CHI continues to grow its market share, mostly through acquisitions.

Cons

Lack of mid-level leadership driving the day to day operations forward to align with executive leadership's vision and mission. Some serious IT issues for such a large organization. Growth appears to be too fast paced, lacking a thorough integration strategy post-acquisition. Promotion seems based on who you know and years of experience rather than quality of work and results produced.

Consider offering flexible work schedules for National Office employees. Work with mid-level leaders and managers to ensure execution of the CHI strategy. Consider promoting based on performance rather than years experience.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives (View Most Recent)

It has been horrible.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are NO good reasons to work for this ruthless, dollar is the bottom line quote "healthcare" company. Management has a callous disregard for the recovery of patients in their myopic quest to take care of the bottom line.

Cons

This company refuses to staff nurses at a safe level. Patients are in danger, I have personally witnessed patients who were not turned all day, medication mixups, critical labs that were not collected, procedures that were put off for days, simply becasue the company refuses to staff at adequate levels. I have gone day after day without lunch, worried what mistake I might make because I don't have enough time to even think I am so overworked.

This is a hospital, devoted to improving the health of its patients. It is not a coorporation that just happens to be a hospital.

OUTSOURCED

Current Employee - Meditech User Access in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Meditech User Access in Englewood, CO

Pros

The company offerED excellent salary, family type environment. Great room to advance. The work was challenging, rewarding, and fun.

Cons

Executives. They have to be the biggest, greediest, idiots someone could have to under. After being ridiculed by a senior VP, we found out all tech services was getting outsourced to a US based company, which was actually based in Bangalore, INDIA. Not to competent, pleasant, skilled, or intelligent foreigners, but to completely the opposite. The money they expected to save by firing all of us, should have been re-invested in us, to make the company better off than what it was.

You've made your bed. I hope, for the sake of the thousands of employees you don't care about, that your poor decision making won't lead to the company going under. Wasn't life easier under the nuns?

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives