Catholic Health Initiatives

www.catholichealthinit.org
  www.catholichealthinit.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives

Politics, poor management, red tape, sink or swim.

Current Employee - Applications Analyst
Current Employee - Applications Analyst

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Independent work. Ability to work from home. Usually feel appreciated. Nice people.

Cons

People are put into supervisor and management positions that do not belong there. Poor work/life balance, Understaffed, lack of communication, one day you have a full team and the next people get fired without any insight to what they did wrong so you don't make the same mistake. Ever-changing. Nothing is ever consistent. Also with the mandatory PTO between Christmas and New Year seems very unfair. Part of the reason I had accepted the offer in 2013 was because of the benefits which included a little bit more PTO than what I had before but that has been taken away with the mandatory PTO requirements. Generally overworked. No budget to hire people, no budget to get training on the new products that you are expected to support, many responsibilities placed without any promotion/compensation, very tight timelines, confusion.

Send supervisors to management courses. Communicate to the employees when they are doing something wrong and give them a chance to correct it. General communication needs to increase. Hire more people. Bring the work back to the US and get rid of Wipro - worst decision CHI ever made.

155 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives (View Most Recent)

Disaster if you work in IT

Current Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My Co-workers are great. 23 days of PTO

Cons

Mandatory that 6 of those PTO days are taken at Christmas for 2nd year in a row.

IT was outsourced to India 2 years ago and has been in a full on nose dive ever since. If you are thinking of applying for an IT position think long and hard. Processes that used to take days now take months because outsourced staff is incompetent. Physicians are screaming because outsourced helpdesk staff is impossible to understand and can't resolve issues. Two minute calls to the helpdesk now take 20. They are now bringing a clinical help desk onshore because it has gotten so ridiculous. Infrastructure is completely unstable. We now have daily 7:30am calls to discuss outages because they are so frequent. Networks going down all the time, exchange issues weekly, servers being rebooted in the middle of the day with no notice. In addition to doing the jobs we have always done we now also have the job of babysitting our outsourced partners to ensure they aren't breaking our applications and our hardware. Full time job on its own. Have spent roughly 20 hours over the past 2 weeks fixing things they broke. Oh how we miss having technical staff who knew what the heck they were doing!

This place was great to work for prior to outsourcing. Until they bring IT tech services back in-house, run away.

Terminate outsourcing contract. It has destroyed this place... And not simply because you threw out everyone who understood the infrastructure at CHI, but because you replaced them with incompetent staff. It is frustrating the heck out of the retained ITS staff.

Review of Catholic Health Initiatives

Former Employee - Project Manager I in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Manager I in Denver, CO

I worked at Catholic Health Initiatives full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Faith based company that give training, especially in the area of project management PDUs. Co-workers are very good to get along with.

Cons

CHI seems to have high turnover which seems to happen in these types of health care situations. More a function of where the industry is than their organization.

Invest in keeping people on either contract or adding full-time.

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Health Initiatives