Catholic Medical Center

www.catholicmedicalcenter.org
  www.catholicmedicalcenter.org
There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Medical Center

Great place to learn lots of skills

Former Employee - LNA  in  Manchester, NH
Former Employee - LNA in Manchester, NH

I worked at Catholic Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

I learned and got to use a lot of job related skills at this job

Cons

Scheduling is not always flexible

Take more time to thank the staff. When I worked at cmc I never met any upper management.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Catholic Medical Center (View Most Recent)

CMC is a hospital that is committed to quality, its patients and employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

I worked at Catholic Medical Center

Pros

CMC truly attempts to excel in the quality of care that it provides. It's culture is like a tight-knit family: a small hospital with a big heart. The staff look out for each other and this includes physicians as well as the nursing and support staff. Because of its Catholic mission it truly reaches out to the disadvantaged in the community and you feel part of a larger purpose in providing health care for the heart and soul, not just the body. Management treats employees with respect. While a high standard is expected of the staff, punitive measures are only used if the offense is egregious and intentional, otherwise training and coaching to improve are provided.

Cons

Because it is a small hospital career advancement is limited. While its pay scale for the bedside staff is competitive and I think upper management are compensated well, I don't think it pays middle management positions very well. The family-like environment has its downside as there can be some favoritism involved in promotions. Upper level management tends to be reactionary rather than proactive in its strategic mission and the facilities are sporadically up-to-date.

Management needs to be more forward looking in planning the overall strategic plan and communicate that to the staff. I worry about the future viability of CMC as a stand alone organization. I think that it will eventually be bought out by a more financially savvy institution.

great place to jumpstart career

I worked at Catholic Medical Center

Pros

very caring environment; helpful coworkers

Cons

small hospital no room for advancement

There are newer employer reviews for Catholic Medical Center

Worked for Catholic Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!