Cato
www.catofashions.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Great pay, but employees under-appreciated

Charlotte, NC

ProsSmall shop, so high-profile work in most cases.

ConsCo-workers and management not willing to share information and communicate to improve. CEO runs no debt business, which is smart during economy downturns, but company is not family friendly and upper management not approachable for new ideas and suggestions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication must improve and relationship between middle management must improve. Too much back-stabbing and politics to enjoy working there.

Not a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cato

Pros: Gained good work experience and knowledge of industry. Cons: Company is too conservative. No opportunities for growth. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No opportunity for advancement

Second Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
    DeSoto, TX

I have been working at Cato

Pros: I have met many friendly customers. Cons: The manager is very young and tends to schedule herself off on many weekends and evenings. After one year of employment, I was given a… Advice to Senior Management: If you don't show your employees respect and appreciation for their hard work, you can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cato.

Worked for Cato? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cato reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cato CEO John P. Derham Cato. All reviews posted anonymously by Cato employees.