Exceptional team, incredible mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Causes full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- World-class team of developers, product designers, community managers and BD folks - Double-bottom line company with a mission devoted to individual empowerment and greater civic engagement - Downtown SF location one-block from BART and with a phenomenal view of the city - Great comp, benefits and perks

Cons

None that I can think of; not enough time in the day?

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great internship

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Causes as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I never really felt like an intern. I was treated on the same level as an employee, and felt like an employee. Some people were surprised to later learn I was an intern. The job was full of diverse challenges, and I had the ability to shape and direct a lot of my own activity. Great company culture: open, friendly. I spent a lot of time hanging out after work with people I liked.

Cons

The office got bigger and bigger, and with that, there became more rigidity in the company direction, and more hierarchy. Occasionally people got fired, and it was handled awkwardly and uncomfortably. As an intern, I was not allowed to work overtime, but I saw how little work-life balance others in the company had. In the end I decided the fast-paced, stressful setting wasn't for me.

2. Great Culture, Horrible Management

I worked at Causes

Pros

A wonderful culture full of nice, smart people.

Cons

Despite the intelligence of the team, management has no idea what they're doing. They have no experience running a company, or a product, and are severely lack interpersonal skills. It's sad to see so many nice, smart people wasting their time and talents on this product. Sean Parker kept the company afloat for years and has continued to do so after buying the company and renaming us Brigade.