Causes

There are newer employer reviews for Causes

Exceptional team, incredible mission

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Causes full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- World-class team of developers, product designers, community managers and BD folks
- Double-bottom line company with a mission devoted to individual empowerment and greater civic engagement
- Downtown SF location one-block from BART and with a phenomenal view of the city
- Great comp, benefits and perks

Cons

None that I can think of; not enough time in the day?

8 Other Employee Reviews for Causes (View Most Recent)

Great internship

I worked at Causes as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I never really felt like an intern. I was treated on the same level as an employee, and felt like an employee. Some people were surprised to later learn I was an intern. The job was full of diverse challenges, and I had the ability to shape and direct a lot of my own activity. Great company culture: open, friendly. I spent a lot of time hanging out after work with people I liked.

Cons

The office got bigger and bigger, and with that, there became more rigidity in the company direction, and more hierarchy. Occasionally people got fired, and it was handled awkwardly and uncomfortably. As an intern, I was not allowed to work overtime, but I saw how little work-life balance others in the company had. In the end I decided the fast-paced, stressful setting wasn't for me.

Great coworkers, terrible leadership, no competition for funding leaves product without market fit

Former Employee - Technical in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Causes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers were amazing. Loved pretty much all of them.

Cons

Low Salary. Immature Leadership. Sean Parker's injection of cash into a company that has no market.

There are newer employer reviews for Causes