Cavalier Telephone

www.cavtel.com
  www.cavtel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cavalier Telephone

If Cavtel is your only option go for it but keep looking!

Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

The positions I worked were not too hard to figure out once I got all the information needed. For two out of the four positions I worked management was hands off and let us do our job.

Cons

The pay is not comparable and it is not easy to get a pay increase even when going from a position that should be getting half the pay of your new position. You will most likely get the least amount they can get away with and the only way to get out of that rut it to have a manager who is willing to try to bully HR into giving you more money because you deserve it!
There also was no communication of what was going on with the company, just b.s. that everything was going great... everything was always great... even with the CEO left without notice... everything was great.... even when there were layoffs... everything is great.

Communicate more with your employees and be willing to pay a fair salary for the good work they do otherwise you will lose the good ones.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Cavalier Telephone (View Most Recent)

Nice co-workers rubbish company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

A job here is better than no job. Cavalier's strategy is to be the cheapest. Customers get what they pay for.

Cons

I had a sales job here. I began selling and then realized that Cavalier cannot install correctly about 50% of the items I had sold. They fired most of their customer service department in early 2008. So guess who the angry customers call when their business telephone, internet and email isn't working? You got it. The sales guy. The job became a nightmare because even if you tried to help a customer who you had sold to, no-one at the company would take ownership and solve the problem. I left the company because I wasn't willing to sell products which I knew chances were would cause huge problems for the customers business.

Pay for a customer service department. Redesign the process so someone has responsibility for processing orders

Talk America was once a great place to work.

Current Employee - Development Manager in New Hope, PA
    Current Employee - Development Manager in New Hope, PA

I have been working at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

Flexibility in hours. We work long hard hours so we are allowed to customize our hours as long as the job gets done. There are also a bunch of wonderful people who work here as well. It seems that everyone is willing to roll up their sleeves in order to get the job done at a moments notice. Another perk are the free bagels every Tuesday. There are all kinds to choose from so even the most discriminating tastes are sure to be satisfied.

Cons

We work in a remote location so the commute can be a bit of a drag. Other than that, all is pretty good.

Move the office closer to Philadelphia and everyone would be happier.

There are newer employer reviews for Cavalier Telephone