Cavalier Telephone

Churn and burn mentality

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

-local management team is competent, but held back by senior management
-sales support team and sales engineering team are great

Cons

-product line outdated
-prices not competitive compared to competition
-senior management is unconcerned about employees, you are a number to them
-AE's are brought in, burned out, and sent out

Treat employees as an integral part of your success.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Cavalier Telephone (View Most Recent)

If Cavtel is your only option go for it but keep looking!

Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Programmer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

The positions I worked were not too hard to figure out once I got all the information needed. For two out of the four positions I worked management was hands off and let us do our job.

Cons

The pay is not comparable and it is not easy to get a pay increase even when going from a position that should be getting half the pay of your new position. You will most likely get the least amount they can get away with and the only way to get out of that rut it to have a manager who is willing to try to bully HR into giving you more money because you deserve it!
    There also was no communication of what was going on with the company, just b.s. that everything was going great... everything was always great... even with the CEO left without notice... everything was great.... even when there were layoffs... everything is great.

Communicate more with your employees and be willing to pay a fair salary for the good work they do otherwise you will lose the good ones.

Nice co-workers rubbish company

Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Cavalier Telephone

Pros

A job here is better than no job. Cavalier's strategy is to be the cheapest. Customers get what they pay for.

Cons

I had a sales job here. I began selling and then realized that Cavalier cannot install correctly about 50% of the items I had sold. They fired most of their customer service department in early 2008. So guess who the angry customers call when their business telephone, internet and email isn't working? You got it. The sales guy. The job became a nightmare because even if you tried to help a customer who you had sold to, no-one at the company would take ownership and solve the problem. I left the company because I wasn't willing to sell products which I knew chances were would cause huge problems for the customers business.

Pay for a customer service department. Redesign the process so someone has responsibility for processing orders

There are newer employer reviews for Cavalier Telephone