Great company to work for. Strong and effective management and engineering innovation

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer  in  New Marlboro, MA
Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in New Marlboro, MA

I have been working at Cavium Networks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Excellent engineers to work with, competent management and in general a very good place to grow professionally.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Keep doing what you are doing right now. Continue valuing employees. They are the only assets to the company.

Other Reviews for Cavium Networks

Good products, decent engineering, below-average benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cavium Networks full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has managed to get products out the door that reasonably meet the market needs and win designs. Starting from the early security processors all the way through the current multicore processor, the technology has been world-leading.
    I've been here 9 years, and the work hasn't grown stale - there's always some new angle, wrinkle to it, new technology to learn.
    The executives demonstrated unusual leadership by taking a major pay cut when we had serious financial trouble. Even now, the salaries are reasonable (though the total compensation package is starting to look out of line).

Cons

The process of getting products defined is very chaotic - it causes a lot of confusion with our early customers, our field, and our engineering team as features come and go.
    The benefits are fairly poor, by valley standards. Pay levels are OK, but the vacation policy (starts at 2w, rises to 3w - and that's it) is poor. There's a broad array of medical options, but the company kick-in covers only the very bottom. There's a very minimal 401k company contribution.
    Middle management has been promoted from within, often without any formal training, so you have engineers becoming average-to-worse managers.

Improve benefits, and especially vacation policies. Make your employees feel valued, not like they are replaceable cogs.

Good semiconductor company

I have been working at Cavium Networks

Pros

Good environment, lot of opportunities for learning.

Cons

More focus required on software to support the hardware solutions

There are newer employer reviews for Cavium Networks.

Worked for Cavium Networks? Contribute to the Community!