Cbeyond

Challenging

Current Employee - Sales Executive
Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Cbeyond

Pros

Teach you basics of sales and makes you work hard.
Good company vibe and sales team.
Good supporting managers if you're lucky to have one.
Has potential to be an amazing company

Cons

Bad hours.
Terrible commission structure although it was changing when I left.
Bad upper management due to pure sales and not having the proper background to run a branch. It's good that they know what the company is about but having an all "sales" mentally is terrible for customer support.
Some of your clients will hate you.

Stop pushing so much in sales. I know you guys have the, throw new sales reps against a wall and see if you stick mentality but there are some talented reps that needs more time to develop themselves. Also take care of your clients more. Many dissatisfied clients are stuck with your 3 year contract. Take that away and the company will be down a lot of "happy" clients. You guys have a great product and great idea. Just take care of your customers.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Cbeyond (View Most Recent)

A good stepping stone that sinks quickly if you don't hop off

I have been working at Cbeyond

Pros

Cbeyond gave me absolutely phenomenal training in the beginning. Since I was brand new to sales, I learned the basics extremely well and sponged up loads of product information as well. My direct manager helped me out immensely and put in lots of extra time to make sure I was equipped with the right tools to handle cold calling, tele-prospecting, overcome objections, close and build relationships.

There are lots of young, energetic people straight out of college (or 2 or 3 years out) and you can always feed positive energy off of them. However this also plays a negative role in the work environment as a lot of these guys (by the way, literally a 9 male: 1 female ratio) are not used to being in a professional setting.

Fully loaded blackberry (Employee tracking? :]). Free laptop (for a Lenovo it's quite disappointing)

Cons

Too inefficient with employee time. Too backwards with 20th century micromanagement. Too numbers driven in terms of business cards per day etc. Too little flexibility even for those who perform. Too pushy at times. Gas compensation is a joke. XLR8R is a pathetic excuse for a sales tool. Some managers are incompetent. Terrible new compensation scale for larger accounts; how dare you try to make it seem like we're earning more money than before, this is why there is such a disconnect (and distrust) between management and reps.

Believe it or not on this one: Too many sales incentive events. I don't mean the quota events, those are nice. What I am addressing are those "2 deals by the [XXth] for $300!!!!". Get with the times Cbey, repeating incentives like that have been shown to hinder employee productivity in any non-mechanical task.

Work smarter instead of working hard inefficiently. News flash: calling prospects at 7 pm will earn you praises from managers, but only tick off potential customers.

Really good company to gain experience

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Cbeyond

Pros

Training is one the the strongest points about this company. The Opportunities for growth depend on you.

Cons

Long hours, there is a lot of driving involved, competition is tough

Keep focusing on training, specially with the new products. Listen from the bottom up.

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond