There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

Sales boot camp

Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Farmington Hills, MI
Former Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Farmington Hills, MI

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (more than a year)

Pros

sales training, learned discipline and sales skills

Cons

high pressure, high stress work environment

Advice to Management

encourage good employees to move up and stay at company.

reviews filtered by
  1. Don't buy into it. Sorry.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gardena, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gardena, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very solid commission (very tough to sell though), decent base of 2k/month. I will say this, it's an incredible sales boot-camp. If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere. Just make sure to drop the high-pressure sales attitude when you leave, nobody else will like it.

Cons

TGI Fridays style environment. Forced positivity that isn't bought into by anybody other than management, so it creates an even more negative environment amongst employees. Also the VP of Sales came to visit our branch, couldn't remember our local VPs name even though they'd gone to dinner the night before. Just embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Not much advice, unfortunately. It's an overpriced, unnecessary package deal. Don't think this company is built to last.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time

Pros

You're getting a salary out of college (30K). Great training and solid experience in the field that will definitely toughen you up and get you ready for sales. Working with good people and some managers are great at what they do while some should not be in a management position.

Cons

In your first months at the company, you're spending the majority of the week getting into the office at 7:30 in the morning and chances are you won't leave the office until about 6:00pm.

You are cold calling in territories that have been called on by countless reps before you. I've walked into some businesses that showed me a stack of business cards from Cbeyond reps before. There are some companies that would be a great fit, but they have no desire to do business with Cbeyond because they are just flat out annoyed by constantly getting cold called.

You're required to cold call every single business in your territory. The cheapest package that Cbeyond offers is in the $400 range and there is no way most of the businesses in your territory budget that much for phone and internet.

You're spending a lot on gas and if you get stuck with a territory thats a long way away from the office, you're going to be spending even more. They reimburse gas with $50 per month and a little more per appointment you set, but in the first few months, it is not enough by a long shot.

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond