There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

Fantastic work envirnment and friendly staff.

Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Regional Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cbeyond's knowledgeable and experienced staff is always willing to lend a helping hand and everyone in the company is very approachable. The work environment is professional and easy going.
Opportunity for growth with the company is exceptional. If you do a good job, you will be rewarded.

Cons

No complaints so far. If anything, more consideration should be made for placing employees with mangers whose personalities are the same. Some people like a hands-on manager, others do not like to be micro managed.

Continue to make Cbeyond a great company to work for.

322 Other Employee Reviews for Cbeyond (View Most Recent)

Sales Rep to Market Director in 3 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This isn't the company for people who are looking for a job. This is the place for those who are looking to accelerate their careers and pass up their peers. I started here four years ago as an entry level sales rep with a base of 31500, and the road was not easy. The first four months were as hard as everyone says, but through the extensive training Cbeyond provided, I was able to improve and start making some serious sales. To be fair, I wasn't your average rep. I was one of the first in the office and the last to leave because this was something I really wanted to take full advantage. By the end of the year, I had been promoted to Team Lead and had made 70k in my first year out of college.

Four months later, I was promoted to a sales manager. 18 months later, I was promoted to market director. I made 96k my second year and 127k my 3rd. I'm 26.

This is a tough gig and it's not for everyone. However, those who are able to make it 2 successful years are heavily recruited at pharm companies and med device sales companies because as recruiters have often told me, if you can make it at Cbeyond, you can make it anywhere.

Don't waste your time there if you aren't confident that you're in the place and time in your life where you want to make a career leap. Be honest with yourself because if you're not ready for Cbeyond, it will crush you. If you are, however, it will make your career and your wallet a lot of money.

Cons

High turnover so your friends might not be there the next month, but a great place to make friends. Lots of fun, young people.

Difficult job. Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do. In my opinion 55 hours a week is not long hours. But, others may feel differently. It's tough in the way that there is a lot of rejection in the field.

Cbeyond is just a fantastic company to work for

Current Employee - NOC/ENG TIER II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - NOC/ENG TIER II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great pool of people
    lots of career advancements opportunities

Cons

none none none none none

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond