Just ok

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Oak Brook, IL
Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great money....if you're good. Great co workers. A lot of freedom. Merit based promotions. Base salary. Good support from managers. If you do well, managers will lighten up on you and give you even more freedom.

Cons

MICROMANAGING. Door to door. Difficult job to do without extensive IT knowledge. Fake energy meetings. Training. Sometimes unrealistic expectations. If you're not willing to put in the effort you will hate this job.

Advice to Management

You hire sales people, get off their backs and let them sell.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Cbeyond is just a fantastic company to work for

Current Employee - NOC/ENG TIER II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - NOC/ENG TIER II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great pool of people lots of career advancements opportunities

Cons

none none none none none

2. Sales Rep to Market Director in 3 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Cbeyond full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This isn't the company for people who are looking for a job. This is the place for those who are looking to accelerate their careers and pass up their peers. I started here four years ago as an entry level sales rep with a base of 31500, and the road was not easy. The first four months were as hard as everyone says, but through the extensive training Cbeyond provided, I was able to improve and start making some serious sales. To be fair, I wasn't your average rep. I was one of the first in the office and the last to leave because this was something I really wanted to take full advantage. By the end of the year, I had been promoted to Team Lead and had made 70k in my first year out of college. Four months later, I was promoted to a sales manager. 18 months later, I was promoted to market director. I made 96k my second year and 127k my 3rd. I'm 26. This is a tough gig and it's not for everyone. However, those who are able to make it 2 successful years are heavily recruited at pharm companies and med device sales companies because as recruiters have often told me, if you can make it at Cbeyond, you can make it anywhere. Don't waste your time there if you aren't confident that you're in the place and time in your life where you want to make a career leap. Be honest with yourself because if you're not ready for Cbeyond, it will crush you. If you are, however, it will make your career and your wallet a lot of money.

Cons

High turnover so your friends might not be there the next month, but a great place to make friends. Lots of fun, young people. Difficult job. Anyone who says long hours has a different point of view than I do. In my opinion 55 hours a week is not long hours. But, others may feel differently. It's tough in the way that there is a lot of rejection in the field.