Cbeyond

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

Shaped my career... Great experience

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Human Resources in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved working at Cbeyond and the only reason I changed jobs is because an opportunity presented itself that I couldn't say no to.

I worked in the Corporate side (non-sales) of Cbeyond, and my experience was outstanding. Below are some of the pros that come to mind:

- Cheap vending machines on every floor ($.25 - $.50)
- Free gym on-site (AWESOME gym. Towel service, showers/locker room, free classes, great equipment, etc etc.)
- Results-oriented atmosphere (promotions, salary increases, etc are based off of your performance... not your tenure)
- GREAT atmosphere... the people made working at Cbeyond as enjoyable as it was
- Big on community involvement / outreach
- A lot of internal career opportunities
- Office is in a good location and is easy to get to
- Casual atmosphere

Cons

Not many cons at Cbeyond.

The "Innovation Station" at Cbeyond was created to increase collaboration across departments. Great idea, but collaboration should probably be pushed more in various departments.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Cbeyond (View Most Recent)

Do your Job, get rewarded...

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives to meet quota and sell promoted items.
    Very fun and relaxed working environment.
    Made great friends and great connections to business owners in local area.

Cons

Micro-management is implemented... but mostly, only when employee is not meeting their numbers (commitment to the team is not met, repeatedly).
    Commission can take time to get to you, since it is given when customer is installed to CBEY service.

I never had issues, but for some of my co-workers there was a feeling of 'favoritism' for certain people in the office. Obviously, this could be due to personal (private) issues, or to that employees ability to deliver each month on their quota.
    I felt very comfortable with the management, and felt I was treated fairly on my ability to work efficiently and deliver a quality sales performance.

Territory Sales Representative

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People that worked there. I would say it's good if it's your first job out of college, or first time in sales. Go for the training, and get out!!!

Cons

micro-managed.
    Long days-- 7am to 6pm, Role Play, first thing in the morning, daily team meetings to go over what you just went over yesterdays. 50+ doors a day.. They will count your cards when you check back in the office every day. Gas reimbursement is horrible, like really... If you have a territory that is 20-30 miles from the office, its going to suck to report back to the office every day so they can count your business cards, and then drive to your house. HIGH turn over rate.. They will track you, and check in on you every hour, you are given a blackberry. People yelling at each other in the office, and there are so many HR violations, that it's not even funny..
    I quit after 3 months, and found another company.

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond