There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond

Do your Job, get rewarded...

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great incentives to meet quota and sell promoted items.
Very fun and relaxed working environment.
Made great friends and great connections to business owners in local area.

Cons

Micro-management is implemented... but mostly, only when employee is not meeting their numbers (commitment to the team is not met, repeatedly).
Commission can take time to get to you, since it is given when customer is installed to CBEY service.

I never had issues, but for some of my co-workers there was a feeling of 'favoritism' for certain people in the office. Obviously, this could be due to personal (private) issues, or to that employees ability to deliver each month on their quota.
I felt very comfortable with the management, and felt I was treated fairly on my ability to work efficiently and deliver a quality sales performance.

reviews filtered by

Territory Sales Representative

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People that worked there. I would say it's good if it's your first job out of college, or first time in sales. Go for the training, and get out!!!

Cons

micro-managed.
    Long days-- 7am to 6pm, Role Play, first thing in the morning, daily team meetings to go over what you just went over yesterdays. 50+ doors a day.. They will count your cards when you check back in the office every day. Gas reimbursement is horrible, like really... If you have a territory that is 20-30 miles from the office, its going to suck to report back to the office every day so they can count your business cards, and then drive to your house. HIGH turn over rate.. They will track you, and check in on you every hour, you are given a blackberry. People yelling at each other in the office, and there are so many HR violations, that it's not even funny..
    I quit after 3 months, and found another company.

Run Away, Fast

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Cbeyond full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have not been use to people yelling at you, this would be a good chance to know what that feels like. The best part of my day was being able to leave the office at 9am after our "motivational" meetings for the day, and then going back home to go to bed.

Cons

Everything. Horrible pay, unethical company, Zero values to its employees. Even if you make a sale, you do not get your commission until 2 months after the same, and the commission is garbage. Literally, you would have to sell out everyone you know to do well.

Who did you screw to get to where you are?

There are newer employer reviews for Cbeyond