Cedar Document Technologies

www.cedardoc.com

Good company (if not in product development)

Senior Java Developer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMy salary was good. The company seems to be well managed and profitable. They pay 100% of the employee's medical insurance.

ConsThe software development group is not well managed. I received virtually no direction or feedback from my manager. The team is not very friendly either - I was never introduced to the other developers. Very little communication or collaboration.

The legacy applications are quite dated; 1 is still using Java 1.4. There is a fair amount of cruft in the code. There is also a lot of coupling. Most of the Java code I saw could not be unit tested. But then no one there claimed to be Agile.

I asked several times for documentation or preferable a wiki, but they don't exist. The attitude seems to be read the code to figure things out.

If you are a lone wolf, Cedar might be the right place for you.

As a bonus, the traffic can be a nightmare. Being across the street from Perimeter Mall might sound attractive, but dealing with it is not. (They do offer flex time).

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not a start up any more. Development does not need to run like one.

It was a good place to start my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time

Pros: Great pay, great benefits, personable people, flex time for traffic. Very… Cons: Very little communication between teams. It seemed like a lot of people just worked as slow as possible so they always appeared to be busy… Advice to Senior Management: Allow your employees to develop and use skills that may… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Solid Business

Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cedar Document Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros: Hard working individuals thriving to make the market better in the… Cons: Fairly small company trying to grow. Growing market to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cedar Document Technologies.

Worked for Cedar Document Technologies? Contribute to the Community!