Good company (if not in product development)

Former Employee - Senior Java Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Senior Java Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

My salary was good. The company seems to be well managed and profitable. They pay 100% of the employee's medical insurance.

Cons

The software development group is not well managed. I received virtually no direction or feedback from my manager. The team is not very friendly either - I was never introduced to the other developers. Very little communication or collaboration.

The legacy applications are quite dated; 1 is still using Java 1.4. There is a fair amount of cruft in the code. There is also a lot of coupling. Most of the Java code I saw could not be unit tested. But then no one there claimed to be Agile.

I asked several times for documentation or preferable a wiki, but they don't exist. The attitude seems to be read the code to figure things out.

If you are a lone wolf, Cedar might be the right place for you.

As a bonus, the traffic can be a nightmare. Being across the street from Perimeter Mall might sound attractive, but dealing with it is not. (They do offer flex time).

You are not a start up any more. Development does not need to run like one.

Other Reviews for Cedar Document Technologies

It was a good place to start my career

I worked at Cedar Document Technologies full-time

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, personable people, flex time for traffic. Very good family/work life balance. I'm grateful for the opportunities they offered me.

Cons

Very little communication between teams. It seemed like a lot of people just worked as slow as possible so they always appeared to be busy and needed. A lot of the work I was given was pointless (I understand now the importance of appearing busy and needed), making mock-ups of an interface that was already built, literally copying screen-shots of the interface with a tool that was so inefficient it took weeks to make a 'clickable' wireframe that did everything the working interface did, when the developer built in in about 4 hours using BootStrap. But when we asked to just build 'clickable' interface designs the same way we were told that was for the developers to do and that we were to use iRise. Not a very flexible company.

Allow your employees to develop and use skills that may not have been explicitly stated in their job descriptions.

Solid Business

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cedar Document Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hard working individuals thriving to make the market better in the world. Provides benefits to all workers trying to get somewhere in life

Cons

Fairly small company trying to grow. Growing market to individuals seeking the market . Small company

There are newer employer reviews for Cedar Document Technologies.

Worked for Cedar Document Technologies? Contribute to the Community!