Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

www.cedarparkregional.com
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

The Lab Director is incompetent.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

Pros

Close to home, great location. It's new and clean.

Cons

Workflow is unstable and there are frequent gaps in shift coverage hospital wide.
The layout of the hospital and parking is very disorganized and a maze to navigate through for such a small hospital.
Management turnover is too frequent and ineffective.
Overall the hospital is wasteful and badly managed.

Advice to Management

Get some very experienced managers in that are organized and effective.
Make better hiring decisions and promote from within.
Adopt the LEAN system of organization and prioritizing.
Reward more employees and use a better evaluation system.
Quit doing random drug screens and start doing them only for cause. This will show more trust in employees instead of making them feel threatened a lot.

reviews filtered by
  1. The light on Cedar Park's only Hospital.

Current Employee - Charge RN
    Current Employee - Charge RN

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center

Pros

It is a fresh new hospital in Cedar Park, TX. We are growing quickly and learning as we go. The hospital opened just over a year ago and already we are becoming an intricate part of this community..and I am proud to be a part of that. I am continually provided opportunities for growth and to learn new skills. My immediate management backs the staff up when needed, and looks for ways to improve the unit based off of patient and staff's ideas. Our patient satisfaction scores are high. The pay is substantial for the area, it compares well with the Austin metro area. Insurance offers a ppo with a low deductible and if you get any work done at the hospital it is covered completely.

Cons

Because of the competing hospitals in the neighboring city, our census fluctuates more than we would like. Our staffing can be a challenge, depending on your position at this time some staff can be called off. Other times we don't have enough staff and you are ran ragged. We are going through a time with some changes in upper management, I believe they are just looking out for the hospital with these decisions. Also we are still in the process of getting all the supplies and equipment not initially needed for the opening of the hospital approved and on the units.

Advice to Management

Continue to have experienced Managers in each department. Provide lots of education for the staff on any issues that come up with processes/policies for the hospital. Provide more support for the staff during the rough times and be willing to get dirty while doing so. Expect that some employees need more guidance, instruction , and assistance than others. Don't forget what it is like to be at the bottom of that ladder, provide opportunities for growth and development for each employee. Dont do the House supervisor position and try to be the Chief Nursing Officer, that is just too many hats!

2. SMALL TOWN HOSPITAL OFFERING BIG CITY MEDICINE!!

I have been working at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CPRMC serves the 4th fastest growing community in Texas. We offer the personal service patients value in close knit communities and provide the same level of care they expect from more urban hospital systems.

Cons

Meeting the needs of a growing community requires associates who are willing to commit to overtime, extra call, and floating to other departments while we work to fill newly created jobs.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on recruitment and retention efforts to meet not only the needs of the growing community but also the increased workforce at CPRMC. This focus will result in happier employees/ physicians and positive patient experiences/ outcomes.