Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

There are newer employer reviews for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Opportunities for career advancement, good coworkers, supportive system

Cons

Hierarchy among coworkers present based on their title

None

128 Other Employee Reviews for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (View Most Recent)

Stressful but a good place to work

I have been working at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people. The vast majority of people with whom I work are dedicated, hard working employees who want the best for their patients. The benefits are above average.

Cons

The increase in scrutiny for continuing education in an attempt to reduce the cost to Cedars by shifting the cost of obtaining CEUs is burdensome to employees and is damaging moral. I recently began looking for employment at other facilities which are close to matching my current benefits while providing a much more generous CEU benefit package. I hate the idea of leaving Cedars but am not happy with the pinching of pennies for CEU. Cedars will lose valuable employees if it continues to restrict CEU benefits.

Too much paperwork (or information required on the computer system) takes away from quality time with the patient and decreases patient satisfaction. Information needs to be reviewed for it's pertinence and relevance to patient care along with redundant requests for the same information.

Foreigners rule. . . .

Former Employee - Registered Nurse
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pays higher than else-where in the LA region.

Cons

Many foreigners.They lie in order to get you out; unfortunately, managers listen to them without investigating the situations themselves.

Even the racial-ethnic-cultural ratios in every department. An over abundance of one group leads to trouble. Moreover, you have lost potentially great workers because of this. Also, your floor management teams needs to be formally qualified with at least a BSN or above in order to lead. The manager in the above situation did not have a BSN at the time; therefore, it is not surprising that there was a high turn over of many great workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center