Celadon Trucking Services

www.celadontrucking.com
  www.celadontrucking.com
There are newer employer reviews for Celadon Trucking Services

generally a good place to work

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Celadon Trucking Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

can get good miles an dispatchers generally are good at working with drivers.

Cons

sometimes with the size of the company there aint enough peeple to handle the phone calls so vendors an employess ect have a long hold time on phone at times.

better layover an detion pay for drivers,should not have to ask for it should be automatic.

36 Other Employee Reviews for Celadon Trucking Services (View Most Recent)

So far so good.

I have been working at Celadon Trucking Services

Pros

I always have freight to move, even if they have to route me 500 paid miles to get it. They have sent me deadhead or bobtail over 200 miles for home time, that wasn't paid but they did get me home. Payed meals and room during training and orientation. Most trucks have inverters and built in refrigerator.

Cons

We are in a state of growth right now and I seam to have a new DM every week or two. The training school is over crowded with too few instructors. Payed zip code to zip code not door to door. I have one of the few trucks that does not have a built in inverter or refrigerator.

Allow all tolls and trust that your drivers are taking the best route, especially to go around NYC and other major cities on the I95 corridor. Do not try to crate them for out of route tolls especially if the tolls are cheaper than the approved.

Avoid it like the plague

Former Employee - Driver Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Driver Manager in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Celadon Trucking Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay for someone who is a recent college graduate. Good experience too. Not a lot else that I can say good here.

Cons

Low pay for the industry, very little chance of a raise or promotion unless you know someone higher up, management has a tendency to do what they want and then worry about the consequences. Overall, it's just not a good experience for long-term growth.

Listen to your drivers and your other employees. Don't just do what you want when you want. Unfortunately, that seems to be the culture at Celadon.

There are newer employer reviews for Celadon Trucking Services