Celadon Trucking Services

www.celadontrucking.com

generally a good place to work

Current Employee - Driver
Current Employee - Driver

Pros

can get good miles an dispatchers generally are good at working with drivers.

Cons

sometimes with the size of the company there aint enough peeple to handle the phone calls so vendors an employess ect have a long hold time on phone at times.

better layover an detion pay for drivers,should not have to ask for it should be automatic.

Other reviews for Celadon Trucking Services

Celadon was nothing but good to me

Pros

-There are great people who work at Celadon and it is easy to get along with people of all departments. Working with these kind of people make it easy to come to work every day.
    - Management understands and finds the people willing and ready to move up. A lot of people will complain that there is not an opportunity, but that is for people who aren't willing to put themselves out there. Be friendly, work hard, and work to become close with management.
    -Not much work after hours. Once you head home you can focus on that part of your life without worrying about work.
    -Management is flexible with your needs

Cons

-- Pay. This is the main and biggest issue you with Celadon. It honestly is not a bad place to work and grow with, but they don't pay you enough. I have gotten 3 raises in my short time here and make quite bit more than from when I started (from the bottom). That is also with 2 promotions and a management position.
    -- Turnover is very high. People can't help but look for other opportunities to make the extra buck or turn down offers when presented with.
    -- Working weekends. Ever 8 weekends you have to work. Most people don't mind that much, however, I like my weekends.

Management knows what they are doing. The top guys are all very smart. (CEO and CFO especially.) It would be Money factor simply came into play with me leaving. I know that they understand the fact that they might have turnover because of that, and that is a business they understand. Cool, down to earth guys.

Okay until they don't communicate.

Current Employee - Truck Driver Dedicated  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Truck Driver Dedicated in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Good starter decent lease program. Willing to work with you and will get you home on time with out complaining about you being there. Was doing good up until I got onto GM dedicated

Cons

There is no and I mean no respect for drivers and they don't want to communicate with you. They expect everything to be done on qualcomm even though it fails they don't follow up. Driver relations is a joke.

Communication is key stop blaming drivers for your mistakes. If you want to keep drivers and keep them happy talk to them let them know when things change.

There are newer employer reviews for Celadon Trucking Services.

Worked for Celadon Trucking Services? Contribute to the Community!