Celanese

www.celanese.com
  www.celanese.com
There are newer employer reviews for Celanese

A great opportunity for exposure to the chemical industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Celanese

Pros

Management at Celanese is always friendly. The technological advancements Celanese has been making create an exciting work atmosphere and make you feel like you're doing something important.

Cons

The only downside is the unavailablility of employment in the western part of the United States and some foreign countries that do not have resources for business.

The most important part of working for a global corporation such as Celanese is the way management treats their workers. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing in that area. It is what makes you a great company.

84 Other Employee Reviews for Celanese (View Most Recent)

Cautiously optimistic about the future

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Celanese

Pros

With the new CEO onboard and having moved to a new HQ in Las Colinas, there have been several positive changes made. Rohr has made it clear that he is going to do things differently than his predecessor. Relaxed dress code, and improved communication with the rank-and-file are a good start, but it remains to be seen how he will execute his strategy and vision for the future.

Cons

Communication has always been a complaint at CE (and most companies from what I can tell). It seems to be rare to get honest feedback on performance outside of your annual review. Bonus system needs to be scrapped - with some businesses downstream of others, it doesn't make sense to reward one and penalize the other when they've both contributed to an improved bottom line from a corporate perspective.

My advice to Mark would be to use his honeymoon period to evaluate the rest of senior mgmt and decide which members align with his own values. There are some individuals who saw success under his predecessor but who manage by fear and cost-cutting, which will never get us to where we want to go. Success at CE has largely been based on being a yes-man (or woman); hopefully, this will change.

a lot of pressure on cost and bottleline

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Celanese

Pros

CEO has vision; no strong competitors in the industry

Cons

a lot of pressure; pay is not good

Raise the pay level to match the "big boys"

There are newer employer reviews for Celanese