Celanese
www.celanese.com Dallas, TX 5000+ Employees

A great opportunity for exposure to the chemical industry.

Pasadena, TX

I have been working at Celanese

ProsManagement at Celanese is always friendly. The technological advancements Celanese has been making create an exciting work atmosphere and make you feel like you're doing something important.

ConsThe only downside is the unavailablility of employment in the western part of the United States and some foreign countries that do not have resources for business.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe most important part of working for a global corporation such as Celanese is the way management treats their workers. Keep up the wonderful job you are doing in that area. It is what makes you a great company.

Cautiously optimistic about the future

Dallas, TX

I have been working at Celanese

Pros: With the new CEO onboard and having moved to a new HQ in Las Colinas, there have been several positive changes made. Rohr has… Cons: Communication has always been a complaint at CE (and most companies from what I can tell). It seems to be rare to get honest… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to Mark would be to use his honeymoon period to evaluate the rest of senior mgmt and decide which members align with his… More

Celanese gives engineers the opportunity to grow....without a mentor

Process Engineer (Current Employee)
Narrows, VA

I have been working at Celanese

Pros: A new process engineer will get projects that other companies would not even give to a 7 year engineer. Lots of growth potential. … Cons: Site management is constantly firefighting due to Corporate guidance. For some the home work balance is not as great (usually by their choice). … Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the GM 9-box bonus structure. Stop requiring site directors to fire individuals or removing positions based upon one… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Celanese.

Worked for Celanese? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Celanese reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Celanese CEO Mark C. Rohr. All reviews posted anonymously by Celanese employees.