There are newer employer reviews for Celestica

Leading EMS player with high end customers

Former Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Celestica full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Canadian managed company - good set of values ... process and systems oriented ... Still lots of technical capability.

Cons

Finance driven organization .. not investing enough in innovation with 1+ year payback

131 Other Employee Reviews for Celestica (View Most Recent)

As an intern, I learned a lot although my engineering skills / concepts were not applied fully.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Celestica as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

-The environment is great: people are very friendly, open to talk, ready to help
    -Exploring multiple areas of the company is allowed (depending on your manager). I was lucky enough to have someone who wanted me to learn as much as possible
    -Specialized training is offered (eg. Lean and Six Sigma certifications) although they are expensive and few are funded
    -There are many interns so it is easy to integrate yourself

Cons

-I couldn't really apply the engineering / business concepts I learned in school although they'd have been somewhat beneficial
    -The tasks are not fully defined, at times they are random, and there is no example of similar jobs / projects available for learning
    -Communication among departments is low (I wouldn't know if another department has a solution to a problem I am currently facing)
    -Payment is relatively low compared to similar positions in other companies

-Expand learning material / training of employees, ask staff what their interests and skills are and develop them: they will enjoy what they do and the quality of work will be better.
    -Have a platform / database where successful projects or tips are shared so that multiple people aren't working on the same problems as silos. This would ensure best practices are standardized and time isn't wasted by many.

Senior Manager

I worked at Celestica

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Great learning experience when starting out in career

Cons

No work life balance. Layoffs twice a year. Low morale of employees

Company values are touted but not followed. Poor leadership is demonstrated

There are newer employer reviews for Celestica