There are newer employer reviews for Celestica

Leading EMS player with high end customers

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Vice President in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Celestica full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Canadian managed company - good set of values ... process and systems oriented ... Still lots of technical capability.

Cons

Finance driven organization .. not investing enough in innovation with 1+ year payback

127 Other Employee Reviews for Celestica (View Most Recent)

Ok company for doing Internship, not worth full time

Former Employee - Intern  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Intern in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Celestica as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good people, friendly work environment, do not micro manage. You can work independently, as long as you get the work done.

Cons

Not a place for career advancement. The company has really been going downhill for years now, and a ton of outsourcing.

As an intern, I learned a lot although my engineering skills / concepts were not applied fully.

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Celestica as an intern for more than a year

Pros

-The environment is great: people are very friendly, open to talk, ready to help
    -Exploring multiple areas of the company is allowed (depending on your manager). I was lucky enough to have someone who wanted me to learn as much as possible
    -Specialized training is offered (eg. Lean and Six Sigma certifications) although they are expensive and few are funded
    -There are many interns so it is easy to integrate yourself

Cons

-I couldn't really apply the engineering / business concepts I learned in school although they'd have been somewhat beneficial
    -The tasks are not fully defined, at times they are random, and there is no example of similar jobs / projects available for learning
    -Communication among departments is low (I wouldn't know if another department has a solution to a problem I am currently facing)
    -Payment is relatively low compared to similar positions in other companies

-Expand learning material / training of employees, ask staff what their interests and skills are and develop them: they will enjoy what they do and the quality of work will be better.
    -Have a platform / database where successful projects or tips are shared so that multiple people aren't working on the same problems as silos. This would ensure best practices are standardized and time isn't wasted by many.

There are newer employer reviews for Celestica

Worked for Celestica? Contribute to the Community!