Celestix Networks

www.celestix.com
  www.celestix.com
There are newer employer reviews for Celestix Networks

Terrible, run far away from this place

Former Employee - Technical Sales
Former Employee - Technical Sales

I worked at Celestix Networks

Pros

Health insurance package is my favourite thing about Celestix Networks. Employer covers health, vision and dental, this was critical for my counter parts in the states.

Cons

Lost upper management who gave control of organization to incompetent CEO. No structure at all, hostile, no sense of team, commercial workers who act like they are doing you a favour by being your colleague. Management got rid of the trash, the talent left or planning to leave.

Bring back a real CEO who is technical. Hire a industry RESPECTED business person to compensate for the commerical tasks. Not a CEO who is neither technical nor commerical.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Celestix Networks (View Most Recent)

Management not receptive to reality.

I worked at Celestix Networks

Pros

Battlefield promotions are available for those that want it.
    Most of the employees in the trenches are knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons

All employees are considered replaceable (revolving door of talent).
    CEO changes his mind every other week.
    No products to sell, no lead gen to speak of, etc.

Base your decisions on facts, not politics or instincts. Recognize that you are the problem, not the people working for you.

The Bruce Willis of Network Security Companies

I have been working at Celestix Networks full-time

Pros

They say that the Chinese characters Wei and Ji mean "Crisis" and "Critical Point/Opportunity". If you've seen any of the Die Hard movies, especially Die Hard III (my personal favorite), you know that there were moments where you weren't sure if John McClane was going to pull through. Bruised and beaten, he always got up and never stopped fighting. This is, to me, the best thing about this place. Sure, the medical benefits are good, PTO policy reasonable, and the working environment is friendly, positive and comfortable. Those things matter, and make it a good place to do battle from. Really, though, the opportunity to jump in and fight, the freedom to identify problems and solve them without a mile of red tape, and the general feeling that no one here is complacent with the status quo is what keep me putting in the long hours. It's an established company with a startup mentality, which has its pros and cons (see below), but the best part is that 'bureaucracy' is a 4-letter word here. My contribution feels important, and that's a powerful motivator.

Cons

We have the right people with the right mindset to jump ahead; onboarding industry innovators in the product development field is now starting to bear fruit, and I'm excited for the future, something I couldn't say when I first started here. I finally feel like we've stood back up, and I'm optimistic. Like any company that's undergoing a transformation, there are growing pains. Even though it's an established company, the faces are almost all fresh, so it takes a while to rebuild momentum. As a semi-startup, there are the typical issues of mild under-staffing and a lack of strong process adherence. When time is limited, things tend to happen without careful planning or adherence to structure, but this is changing. Communication, something that used to be practically non-existent here, now has an actual strategy and resources dedicated to it. Things can be a little rough in that regard, and they get smoother every day, but there's still a good amount of work ahead of us.

Management is finding its feet, and we can tell they're passionate, which is a big motivator. One thing that I wish I saw more of was stronger cohesion. It's much better than it used to be, but feeling like senior staff are all on the same page will go a long way in getting morale even higher, letting the company rise to its full potential. Lastly, some of our senior staff can sometimes be too focused on the day-to-day stuff, which is understandable as we are small and growing, but putting processes in place and letting them run, and tweaking them if necessary will bring everyone's stress levels down :)

There are newer employer reviews for Celestix Networks