There are newer employer reviews for Cell Therapeutics

Great People in a Mediocre, So-So Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Cell Therapeutics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are wonderful. Everyone knows everyone and is extremely friendly. People are willing to help you out or point you in the right direction when you need help. 2-3 of the executive level management are very approachable and have warm personalities. I had a great time with the people working there when I was employed 3-4 years ago.

Cons

Some of the company's policies are asinine. You have a title, but no real say or leverage in your department or in what you need. Money can be very tight, so you can be stretched beyond your limits to get the job done. There seems to be no real sense of employer-employee loyalty.

Learn to trust your employees and listen to them. They do the grunt work and know what works and what doesn't; what's needed and what is pointless and futile.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Cell Therapeutics (View Most Recent)

Decent place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cell Therapeutics

Pros

Smart people to work with, making it enjoyable to go to work every day
    Good pay and benefits overall
    Great time off benefits - three weeks vacation to start (2 weeks plus 5 personal days)
    Casual environment

Cons

Work/life balance so-so, sometimes it was really bad for certain depts
    Collaboration between depts not always there
    Senior Management - IMO the CEO is too self-interested and self-entitled, instead of considering all shareholders
    Lack of communication

Consider your all your shareholders (employees, patients, investors, suppliers) in order to build better relationships and create shareholder value.
    Be more open to new processes and procedures that improve efficiency.
    Take a realistic approach to what can be accomplished. Some of the business strategies make no business sense, which results in wasted resources and assets.

Avoid this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Cell Therapeutics

Pros

The people I work with directly are very good. Other depts are severely lacking in good leadership.

Cons

Egotistical CEO, some very poor senior management, poor communication between departments. Work can't get done because Sr. Mgt. decides not to pay a vendor or contractor.

Pay your bills! We can't get any work done because our vendors are not being paid. How can we advance if our hands are tied?

There are newer employer reviews for Cell Therapeutics