Cellular Plus

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Plus

Conflicted

Former Employee - Manager in Billings, MT
Former Employee - Manager in Billings, MT

I worked at Cellular Plus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast paced industry, great for those that like change and challenge. Compensation can be good, at times. 401k is nice but takes a long time to vest. Very good at opening new locations and establishing profitability. Even with drawbacks, a good store provides opportunity and potential to enjoy job.

Cons

Very paranoid management, cameras are to watch the employees, not the premises or inventory. Very strong tendency to my way or the highway management style. Expects marketing ideas but only signs off on flyers and volunteerism, i.e., Will spend thousands on tv, radio and paper ads but won't invest $100 into permanent signage at local events. Lacks a coherent company vision and leadership. No communication of values and vision to employees. Inconsistent management from district to district, policies not consistently enforced. Nepotism.

Communicate goals and successes to employees. Allow managers to be managers, not higher paid employees. Tie bonuses to store performance, not personal goal.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Plus (View Most Recent)

Lackluster company

Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant

I have been working at Cellular Plus

Pros

Grest co-workers, decent pay compared to other companies in the area, and that's about it!

Cons

Terrible health insurance, commission structure changes pretty much every month, little to no training, and horrible upper management. The turnover rate in my territory is awful. They can't hire good managers and decent employees are hard to come by. Upper management likes to micromanage. You have so many metrics to keep up with and if you fail to meet your points, which is hard in the slow months, you get written up and or terminated. If they spent more time training the store managers and hourly employees they might have better luck keeping them around!

Spend more money on training and less on cameras!

Go work at a corporate location.

Current Employee - Cellular Plus/Verizon Wireless in Billings, MT
    Current Employee - Cellular Plus/Verizon Wireless in Billings, MT

I have been working at Cellular Plus

Pros

You can make ok money, nothing like what you're promised. It takes some time though to build your repeat traffic.

Cons

Training is virtually non-existent.

Its evident that Adam Kimmet (owner) is happy sitting on top of his cash cow and now has enough stores to where he doesn't have to care or involve himself in his business.

Managers have the same goals as full time reps... But with a store to run too, making the workload impossible. Territory managers were essentially punching bags. Reps had the best position, but dont dare question management, or Shilo will show up with McDonald's apps. The only people I've seen stay and move up with the company, are those who simply don't know any better.

Over the last 3 years, I've seen several additional charges added to customers. Upon asking why, we were basically just told just because. Kimmet's pockets were being lined while most of my managers made under 35k a year.

I worked as a TM for 3 years before being let go immediately upon then discovering I had applied for a different job. My job was literally to reinforce to my managers and reps, the importance of "building value" into your nickel and diming customers.

Don't take just my word for it, look at all the negative Google reviews as well.

If you want to build a company that is truly "different," don't do it on customer service. It's overly clichéd and if you won't find another company doing it the same way. Compete on price point or convenience, like a real adult business. The only reason Cell+ ever succeeded was a monopoly by Verizon and lack of locations in Montana, then Wyoming.

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Plus