There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Fast paced, fun, independent work place. Total breath of fresh air!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

Independence, I get to make decisions on pricing, promotions, customer service, marketing etc. Not having to ask a manager for approval for everything I do is a breath of fresh air. Commissions are triple other retailers and the policies are much more liberal. Great work life balance, I work 5 days a week approximately 35 hours

Cons

Retail, retail is retail and although the money is great you still have to deal with lots of customers: Happy, sad, mad. Lots of autonomy and no micro-management but, sometimes leads to lack of feedback about performance and how to improve thus, have to be self critical!

Keep opening More stores! Also, don't be afraid to give us good and critical feedback we like to improve.

316 Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales (View Most Recent)

A very amateur experience. General manager has little respect for employees and little knowledge on how to lead/manage

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

The scheduling is flexible. You don't always work with a manager so you're not constantly being micro-managed. The company pays high commissions compared to the industry standard.

Cons

The market I worked in was a very unprofessional environment.Training is inadequate. I trained for two weeks. At no point in training did we learn anything about addressing technical issues with the phones and basically had to learn "on the go" when it came to tech support. Our General Manager came up with a ranking system when it comes to making the schedule because there are various stores in our market and some are busier than others. The ranking system was a culmination of # of units sold, # of new activations, # of insurance policies sold, and a certain $ amount made off of selling accessories. Unfortunately, the person who makes our schedule, the GM, is dishonest and inconsistent when it comes to where some people fall in the ranking. So you're really not in control of how much money you can make, unless the GM likes you for his own personal reasons. You have to be responsible for hundreds of dollars of the company's cash for up to a week, but then when you go to monthly sales meetings all they preach is "personal responsibility".

Come up with a loss prevention plan instead of making the reps responsible for deactivations.

Rather satisfying pay but way too many hours around 55

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

good pay. not very hard work. No management to breath down your neck. Freedom to sell whatever you want for whatever price.

Cons

high stress. Lots of drama when it comes to the share system. Chargebacks can be in the hundreds of dollars. You've got to lug around hundreds of dollars in cash from bill payments for up to a week. You are charged out for missing inventory, including phones that can cost hundreds. Their loss-prevention policies and strategies are non-existent so you can count on loosing lots of money.

Improve your Loss-prevention program. Have powered up Demos so that agents dont have to keep opening new phones and therefore leading to missing phones and equipment. Also, seal up the accessories so agents are stopped from using them on the floor before they are sold. Lastly figure out a way to get the goddang doors swinging with customers who want to buy and not customers who just want to complain about their service. Recognize that the people you hire are not going to sit on campaign and make calls all day. Thats not the type of hirees youre going to get because they expect to work in a STORE where the customers come to them.

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!