There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Great company, great product, great earnings --but not for everybody

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance, little micromanagement, reward for performance, ability to sell the best product out there. ability to have an entrepreneur mindset and set appointments with customers on your own.

Cons

This is not for everybody. People hear: work life balance/little micromanagement and think This is Awesome! it's only awesome if you can manage yourself which is a very hard thing to do. This position is demanding and 24/7 when customers are calling you and need help/answers/assistance. Nobody is going to hand hold or tell you to make your phone calls. They train you how to be successful and expect you to take the ball and run with it. This is initially described from the get-go in the interview: you have to take initiative into your own hands. Some people need to be told what to do - and that's fine - but this is not the job for them. If you can't wake up on a particular day and be thinking of ways to retain customers and gain new ones, then it's not for you.

The non-micromanaged aspect is great but in retrospect sometimes it's needed - esp as we get bigger. I think a good medium of the two would be great. Also - we are extremely overstaffed. Morale decreases as you add new reps (although extremely qualified) to the floor when we share commissions. Cut ties with the non -performers or those who lack customer service.

reviews filtered by

Used to be much better, commissions have been cut by about 30% over the last year.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work as much or little as you want to, still decent money compared to most cellular jobs out there.

Cons

Little to no benefits, salary is not stable could change at any time without notice, no room to grow, RDs want more and more from their employees but show no love to the people that want to grow with the company.

Tell your employees what it takes to move up in the company! Give a time schedule, checklist, just some type of guideline!

2. Was good 3 years ago, now revolving door

Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule

discount on an agent line

Cons

No paid time off, benefits are non existant

Deacts are out of control

Commission has been cut 4 times in the 4 years i have been there.

Driving 200+ miles a week to different locations

We are people not robots.

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales