Great Place to Start a Career

Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Independent Contractor in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn all the basics on how to run your own business, manage money, responsible, etc. Will arm you will all the business tools you need to be effective. If you can tackle this, you can tackle anything.

Cons

Difficult to explain to future employers just how hard it is in other sales roles. They think you are a retail clerk at VZW with a nametag, not dressed to the nine's like we do (at least most of us should)! This job is great practice if you want to start your own business someday.

Advice to Management

Switch back to independent contracting with higher commissions

Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales

Great Company, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - IT Product Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Young company still in the growth phase so there is huge opportunities not only on the sales floor but in various areas throughout the company.

Cons

This is a very fast paced environment that is extremely technologically driven. You must stay on top of the lastest and greatest products in order to survive.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your reps and employees. They can sometimes offer the best ideas for improvement.

An incredible opportunity for the right person!! Hands down, the best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real sales career allowing both inside and outside sales. Excellent income with very high commissions. Flexibility in your schedule. Promotions with Cellular Sales are not based on seniority, but rather on how well you do your job. Incredible culture in my market. The harder I work, the more income and opportunities come my way. We sell a product that I believe in. Honesty is rewarded, both in building your customer base and in how you are perceived by management...not necessarily the norm with other companies, unfortunately. Great team with little micromanagement. Life/Work balance is attainable. You can earn the income you need in around 40 hours a week if you work smart. There is great opportunity for a long career here.

Cons

This really isn't for everyone. You really have to be self motivated. No one will look over your shoulder and manage your day for you. You will have to travel to multiple stores to work, but I've found that to be to my advantage. If you are a "get the sale out the door at all costs" salesperson, this may not be the right place for you. Of course we want sales "today" as much as possible, but your income and reputation will depend on your ability to meet customers' needs and take care of them after the sale. 100% commission means that your income is all on your work ethic and your integrity in dealing with customers and your team.

Advice to Management

Communication is great. I think that some form of formal continued education would be great.