An incredible opportunity for the right person!! Hands down, the best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Real sales career allowing both inside and outside sales. Excellent income with very high commissions. Flexibility in your schedule. Promotions with Cellular Sales are not based on seniority, but rather on how well you do your job. Incredible culture in my market. The harder I work, the more income and opportunities come my way. We sell a product that I believe in. Honesty is rewarded, both in building your customer base and in how you are perceived by management...not necessarily the norm with other companies, unfortunately. Great team with little micromanagement. Life/Work balance is attainable. You can earn the income you need in around 40 hours a week if you work smart. There is great opportunity for a long career here.

Cons

This really isn't for everyone. You really have to be self motivated. No one will look over your shoulder and manage your day for you. You will have to travel to multiple stores to work, but I've found that to be to my advantage. If you are a "get the sale out the door at all costs" salesperson, this may not be the right place for you. Of course we want sales "today" as much as possible, but your income and reputation will depend on your ability to meet customers' needs and take care of them after the sale. 100% commission means that your income is all on your work ethic and your integrity in dealing with customers and your team.

Communication is great. I think that some form of formal continued education would be great.

Other Reviews for Cellular Sales

Great company, great product, great earnings --but not for everybody

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work life balance, little micromanagement, reward for performance, ability to sell the best product out there. ability to have an entrepreneur mindset and set appointments with customers on your own.

Cons

This is not for everybody. People hear: work life balance/little micromanagement and think This is Awesome! it's only awesome if you can manage yourself which is a very hard thing to do. This position is demanding and 24/7 when customers are calling you and need help/answers/assistance. Nobody is going to hand hold or tell you to make your phone calls. They train you how to be successful and expect you to take the ball and run with it. This is initially described from the get-go in the interview: you have to take initiative into your own hands. Some people need to be told what to do - and that's fine - but this is not the job for them. If you can't wake up on a particular day and be thinking of ways to retain customers and gain new ones, then it's not for you.

The non-micromanaged aspect is great but in retrospect sometimes it's needed - esp as we get bigger. I think a good medium of the two would be great. Also - we are extremely overstaffed. Morale decreases as you add new reps (although extremely qualified) to the floor when we share commissions. Cut ties with the non -performers or those who lack customer service.

Used to be much better, commissions have been cut by about 30% over the last year.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work as much or little as you want to, still decent money compared to most cellular jobs out there.

Cons

Little to no benefits, salary is not stable could change at any time without notice, no room to grow, RDs want more and more from their employees but show no love to the people that want to grow with the company.

Tell your employees what it takes to move up in the company! Give a time schedule, checklist, just some type of guideline!

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales.

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!