There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

An incredible opportunity for the right person!! Hands down, the best place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real sales career allowing both inside and outside sales. Excellent income with very high commissions. Flexibility in your schedule. Promotions with Cellular Sales are not based on seniority, but rather on how well you do your job. Incredible culture in my market. The harder I work, the more income and opportunities come my way. We sell a product that I believe in. Honesty is rewarded, both in building your customer base and in how you are perceived by management...not necessarily the norm with other companies, unfortunately. Great team with little micromanagement. Life/Work balance is attainable. You can earn the income you need in around 40 hours a week if you work smart. There is great opportunity for a long career here.

Cons

This really isn't for everyone. You really have to be self motivated. No one will look over your shoulder and manage your day for you. You will have to travel to multiple stores to work, but I've found that to be to my advantage. If you are a "get the sale out the door at all costs" salesperson, this may not be the right place for you. Of course we want sales "today" as much as possible, but your income and reputation will depend on your ability to meet customers' needs and take care of them after the sale. 100% commission means that your income is all on your work ethic and your integrity in dealing with customers and your team.

Advice to Management

Communication is great. I think that some form of formal continued education would be great.

reviews filtered by

Cellular Sales - a great place to work and grow not only yourself, but your wealth as well

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with Cellular Sales has allowed me to do things I thought I would never be able to do. I have had the freedom and flexibility to travel and do things some people only dream about doing. I have established some incredible relationships with not only my teammates, but with customers as well.

Cons

When I started this position, I was hesitant about working the 100% commission, but little did I know I would making the most money I have ever made in my career. It did take some getting use to getting paid once a month, however it did teach me to be a better manager of my money.

Advice to Management

To continue building relationships and keeping the lines of communication open with the people working in your markets and within our organization. I feel that our Regional Directors do a great job even though they do maintain very busy schedules.

An excellent opportunity to learn and grow as a sales professional

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible work schedule,
    No micromanagement,
    excellent co-workers
    professional atmosphere
    never take work home with you
    manage opportunities as you see fit
    very little "non-selling" work.
    Company is in business to make money and will teach you how to do the same if you pay attention

Management is not evil as many of the reviews here would like you to believe. This company is looking to make money and they treat their employees fairly. You aren't going to get rich here but it is an opportunity to hone your sales skills, learn how to make money, build relationships and increase your knowledge.

Cons

Wireless industry extremely competitive and susceptible to price cutting.
    Consumers mostly price driven making it difficult to differentiate and build perceived value.
    Not a level playing field. New hires deal with some built-in disadvantages that make it difficult to compete with the more established reps.

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to try something new. Keep tweaking the model, explore new avenues to generate revenue and drive sales. Determine customer wants and build services to suit them. Implement educational programs, home networking services, and modernize accessories offered. Incentivize non-traditional approaches to revenue generation that open up new lines of business and markets while reducing Verizon dependence.