There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Run away not.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can make money, if you're willing to work 30 days a month.

Cons

Horrible work environment, bogus policies

Actually talk to your staff.

318 Other Employee Reviews for Cellular Sales (View Most Recent)

How to go broke in 6 months or less.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Deerfield Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Deerfield Beach, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice comfy chairs and closing stations to sit at all day. No managers in the stores. Freedom to negotiate pricing on phones somewhat to close sales. Professional atmosphere. You work with the newest wireless technology and the best network with some good people. Possible to make $500 or more in one day on occasion.

Cons

You work for 100% commission and are paid once a month. You won't see a paycheck the first 2 and a half months after you start, other than 2 weeks of training. You are charged back full cost of phones, some up to $700 if your customer deactivates during the first 181 days of the contract, even if it's fraudulent. They are a zero liability company. If an accessory is missing during your shift, you and your co-workers get charged back full retail cost. $80 and $100 phone cases are just hanging on pegs with no locks or security of any kind waiting for the kleptomaniacs to walk out with. If you quit before you've been there 6 months, 10% of your pay since you started is held for 6 months in case of chargebacks. If you quit after 6 months, your last months commission is held for 6 months.
    Some days you can work 12 hours straight and make $0. No paid time off. Mediocre medical benefits.
    No matching 401k. Used to be a good company to work for but now is a revolving door. Only 3 out of the 12 I trained with were still there after 5 months.

Share some of the liability with your salespeople. They have families and have to eat too. If something is missing, charge them back dealer cost for the item, not full retail. Come up with a base salary/commission pay structure.

Fantastic Company

I have been working at Cellular Sales for more than 3 years

Pros

This is the best sales company I've worked for! The most fun I've ever had and by far the most money I've made. You have the chance to help a lot of people while making a great salary. The management does a great job motivating their staff!!!!

Cons

Not many if any cons I can think of... They are constantly training and educating their employees

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Worked for Cellular Sales? Contribute to the Community!