There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Flexible and profitable Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Being happy is the key to making sales and at Cellular Sales you have the ability to pick your own schedule and work location. We also enjoy the highest commissions of any Verizon retailer.

Cons

Some employees struggle with a commission only position, but most make an easy adjustment when they see the size of the commission.

reviews filtered by

Ok company very laid back commission only

Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Wireless Sales Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Money was pretty good after a few months. Approx 30 hours a week some pretty good people who work there average rep makes around 2700 pre month before taxes

Cons

No salary. Straight commission commission goals and payout changes at least once a year. If you are new it's very tough to get started. They have a draft for shifts and if they are in one of the 3 per year you will get nothing scheduled. You will need to ask others for their shifts to make money at first. The reviews on here are a little doctored meaning the owners ask the current reps to put positive reviews. Notice no former employee gives them great reviews?!?! Biggest issue I had was I had to pay back the company for any phones that were turned off with in the first 6 months. iPhone for instance cost us over 300 out if our check if someone deacted.

Cellular Sales Response

Apr 3, 2014National Recruiting Team Lead

Thank you for taking the time to review Cellular Sales. We always hope that everyone can be successful here, and it is unfortunate when that is not the case. I can understand your issue of paying ... More

Commission only job in a retail environment

Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility to work at different times of the day and at different store locations, which is refreshing. Good team atmosphere. Good place to make some money but would not recommend as a career.

Cons

Your only real motivation to sale more phones is the "tier system". There are months where you can try your hardest to sell as much as possible, working double shifts and picking up days you had free to meet your quota. If you dont meet your quota you drop from tier 3 to tier 2 (or tier 1) and see your checks drop anywhere from $400-1000.

Offer more reasonable goals to motivate your salesforce. During my time there it seemed you were more worried about scaring your employees to reach quota than to really motivate them with realistic goals.

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales