There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales

Fast paced, competitive, and fair.

Former Employee - General Contractor (Cellular Sales) in Saint Petersburg, FL
Former Employee - General Contractor (Cellular Sales) in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

No micro managing, you have set shifts, but you can take on extra shifts, or give yours away as needed for time off, work/life balance etc. but also allowing you to works as much or as little as you need.
Highest paid commissions in the industry isnt just a line, it's absolutely true.
Only 3 steps between you and head position.
Growing and expanding company.
Training is top notch.

Cons

100% commission that has a 2 1/2 month ramp up, which means 2 1/2 months with no pay unless you "draw" $ from your upcoming commissions.
Training is only $10/hr, and rarely 40 hrs. a week.
You are responsible for your own commissions and goals, BUT in most cases those you work with for your shift are on a "share" system like tips in a restaurant. Low sales for you means low sales for them.
RIDICULOUSLY competitive.
Motto is to meet needs of customer, company, and Verizon Wireless, and you somewhere i the middle , but is rarely the case.
     Example: Would sell you a phone that met 75% of your needs because there is a higher profit margin on it, rather than a phone that meets 100% of your needs they make less on.
Commissions are adjusted based on inventory #'s, which isnt done consistently by all employees.

Keep consistent policy on all employees, secret shop your stores with strangers to employees, make sure inventory is done consistently, or penalized. Make sure stores are clean and neat every shift by every individual. Backrooms need to reflect the storefront.

reviews filtered by

I feel taken advantage of.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Cellular Sales

Pros

A great product to sell and you make money based on what you sell, not based on just showing up. Lots of transparency with who's selling and who's not so that you can see your progress in your market.

Cons

The majority of the reps are related or were room mates at some time, if you aren't in the clique you will possibly be relegated to the worst shifts and just told it is what you make it. If you haven't got a ton of contacts to tap into for outside sales you aren't going to make much money. Long commutes and not income at those stores equals a few months and you're out. My personal experienced included voicing my concerns to my team leader and him telling me that he wouldn't help me.

Ensure rotation of experienced reps into struggling stores so that junior reps who are shoveled in there can at least see how its done. My mentor was great but after my month of shaddowing him was done I never worked with another "good" salesman again. If there's "no such thing as a bad shift" like the top performers say they shouldn't have any problem driving to those shifts that are only used to punish poor performers and haze the new people.

You get in what you put in with this company.

Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Gadsden, AL
    Current Employee - Cellular Sales Representative in Gadsden, AL

I have been working at Cellular Sales

Pros

- MONEY
    - Work as much or little as you want
    - Have total independence, little to no micromanaging
    - Love the hours.. Earliest 9am Latest 8pm
    - Shared Commisions which helps the cut throating

At Cellular Sales, you habe complete control over how much money that you will make. I do not recommend this job like to be out at work. Your shift must be covered but you have freedom to swap to as many or little shifts as possible. The money is unbelievable. I made over 4k my first week with my bonuses included. ou will not find a better job for the time that you put in. Average salary is 45k but if you are driven, 6 figures is easily attainable.

Cons

-No Benefits
    -No hourly pay
    -Work different locations maybe an hour from where you live.
    -Some coworkers dont care about work or money and it will affect your money because it's a shared commission system

Great overall plan for this job scheme. Your money depends on what time and energy you put into the job. I absolutely love it! I want to grow as much as I can with this company. Thanks so much for the opportunity!

There are newer employer reviews for Cellular Sales