Cengage Learning

www.cengage.com
  www.cengage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

I have learned to sell educational products into the highered marketplace

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Independence, KY
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Independence, KY

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, good products. A feeling of satisfaction and financial well-being in the years where my sales targets were reached.

Cons

Loss of self-confidence and motivation in the years where i don't hit my sales goal. Unreasonable sales goals. Cap on bonuses. Inside sales reps make less and have fewer perks than field reps and it's blatantly unfair.

Pay us more. Something fishy is going on in upper management

441 Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning (View Most Recent)

Stable Employment

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Work/Life Balance, Flex Time, Benefits etc.

Cons

Lack of career development, almost too decentralized in all areas of the business.

Job Shadow and Job Rotation

Horrible environment, low pay, no room for growth, greedy higher management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Cengage Learning full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits that include dental, summer hours, tuition and travel reimbursement.

Cons

Let's just say that in 2012, upper management received a 5 or 6 figure yearly raise and very low level employees received $0.30 more an hour as a raise. And this is all while they were complaining that we had no money to waste on frivolous things.

The salary is so low that it's barely a livable salary. There's no room for growth unless you suck up to upper management and compliment them 24/7. Employees are overworked, underpaid, and their work is insulted or ignored. This is a horrible environment to be in, not only for personal and career growth, but also for financial reasons. The HR Department is incompetent and refuses to even listen to employee concerns or discuss salary.

Stop parading around as if you're the best thing that happened to this company when you're driving it into the ground and driving your employees away.

If you actually listened to or talked to your employees, you'd know how unhappy most of us are and that it's mostly due to management style and not being fairly compensated. Most of us are here because we need to pay the bills, not because we enjoy being looked down upon by pretentious editors who are so far removed from what the market wants or needs and who don't care about the status of their products or employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning