Cengage Learning

www.cengage.com
  www.cengage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

The best work environment I have ever experienced.

Current Employee - Agile Software Developer in Farmington Hills, MI
Current Employee - Agile Software Developer in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance. Competitive salary. Awesome team / collaborative / agile environment.

Overall, this is a great place to work. I enjoy coming in almost every day, and I find the work interesting and challenging. I have learned more in my time at this job than in any other two jobs I can think of.

Cons

None that I can think of. It's a great place to work.

Keep up the good work... and raise salaries a bit. I think we're slightly underpaid compared to the market.

442 Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning (View Most Recent)

Progressive Employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time

Pros

Cengage Learning is a progressive New England publisher with a quickly growing digital presence in the higher education and reference markets.

Cons

Cengage Learning is a forward facing company, but there is still some work to be done to massage out the seams that are a result of the company having been built by merging a long list of independently successful companies.

Continue working to offer employees more internal, on-the-job training and opportunities to learn additional skills. This growth will be enriching for employees and the skills they gain will be invaluable to the company.

Former Employee 8 years

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative

I worked at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Not many these days
    Finally got rid of some of thee unnecessary upper management layers - probably where they need to continue to cut if they want to save money.

Cons

Company continues to shove technology that doesn't work with no support out the door.
    Company has cut territories, cut support, cut compensation, doesn't give out goals til at least 6 months into the year, doesn't appreciate employees and relationships
    Expectations of upper management are completely unrealisitic in an industry that is declining due to transition.
    Raising prices will only price yourself right out of the market.
    Completely unfocused and no clear defining mission

How is it acceptable for management to claim earning are down 7% in the industry overall and expect 8, 9, 10% growth from their sales force?
    FYI if less than 70% of your sales force is actually hitting goal since APAX took over, you have a non motivated sales force and everyone knows a happy, appreciated, and motivated sales force is one that produces.

There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning