Cengage Learning

There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

We Finally Seem to be on the Move

Current Employee - Product Manager
Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There is new energy around the company these days, and management seems to be aware of our biggest concerns about communication, vision and execution seem to have a viable plan to address these problems.

In the past two months, my degree of responsibility, power to execute on plans I make, and understanding of the company's goals and commitments have improved exponentially. There seem to be far fewer layers of approval (or disapproval) between me and my goals and lately it is much easier to get the necessary people on board to make things happen.

My colleagues have always been top notch. I continue to enjoy the opportunity to work with really great people.

Cons

Many of these "pros" are tentative. A lot depends on us being able to maintain our newly acquired momentum.

There is a lot of uncertainty in this industry. It is clear that education is ALWAYS going to be important, but In The Future, none of us is certain who will be delivering it and what will be the best way to earn a living making education happen.

I am willing to give the new management and new organizational structure a try, but have decided not to pursue a promotion for which I think I would be perfect because it would involve moving my family, and I'm not yet willing to bet the farm on my new found enthusiasm for this company.

You seem to be really listening: to our customers, to our industry and to us. There is some skepticism among my colleagues about whether your interest and investment in us is genuine or just the latest management craze. I, for one, sort of don't care which it is. For the first time in a long while, at least someone is saying something that makes sense.

472 Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning (View Most Recent)

How bad can it get!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company was one of the best in the industry and that has now changed! The management was at one time the best in the industry. There was pride, and respect that came with being a success at Cengage Learning.People make the company!

Cons

Too much change all at once now everyone is in fear of their future and the companies as well , The sharks a circling the tank.

Your sales force is the driving force and don't forget this!

Needs work

I worked at Cengage Learning full-time

Pros

Great people, Excellent HR Department, good building, good benefits

Cons

Morale has declined as a company over the years, largely due to layoffs. Management higher up could use some help, though I hear that's in the works. Was also underpaid

Don't lose sight of your employee's needs and morale while focusing on fixing the company

There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning