Cengage Learning

www.cengage.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

Very talented team in Clifton Park

I have been working at Cengage Learning

Pros

Allows for individual creativity, laid back environment but very driven by results

Cons

Weather in Upstate NY is awful

Keep bringing in talent

442 Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning (View Most Recent)

I work in technology and have been part of the digital transformation at Cengage.

Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI
    Current Employee - IT Director in Farmington Hills, MI

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Organizationally, Cengage is in a state of transition. Digital products are transforming the publishing industry and Cengage is and has been committed to transforming itself both culturally and technologically. The environment is progressive, innovative and open. The teams are centered around getting customers brought into the development process and using their feedback to guide development. They are highly committed to value and quality and so far I have had a lot of fun working here.

Cons

Some of the "old guard" are reluctant to give up on their book publishing roots. They are challenged to accept some of the change the industry is forcing them to move toward. Old book publishing processes are slow to be transformed and are hindering the pace at which the company is moving into the future. I will say that I believe the change laggards recognize the need for change, and are trying to be prudent about changes. The change will happen.

Stay the course. We are doing the right things, and the pace should continue to increase if we keep going the way we are.

Exciting place to work (and learn!)

Current Employee - Communications/Marketing in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Communications/Marketing in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

We are in an exciting time in our industry and Cengage is an exciting place to be. We are working to meet the changing needs of students, which means the way things have always been done also needs to change. Surrounded by the brightest in the field, Cengage allows for an opportunity to drive change and lead the transition - learning with and from each other along the way.

Cons

Change can be tough, but it is also exciting if you are willing to embrace it. There is a lot of change underway and every day is new day here.

There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning