There are newer employer reviews for Cengage Learning

Fiinally . . . a reason to be optimistic about Cengage! Good stuff is happening!

Current Employee - Product Management in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Product Management in Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong, aligned senior leadership team (that wasn't the case in the past!) People like each other. I love that I hear colleagues laughing and having fun (at times) Co-workers are excited about the opportunities to learn and make a difference Cookie Day! Cool mission - helping people learn. simple, but noble.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to get everything done - employees are passionate about making an impact in the education space. Some talented teammates have left in the last couple of years because they had lost confidence in the company's future. Too bad they didn't hang around to see this turnaround, as those of us who stayed are now seeing the positive changes. Plenty more work to do, but we are now - finally - able to see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the ongoing communication and transparency -- it's working. When you visit our office - try to meet and mingle with more "regular" employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Cengage Learning

Great people, collaborative environment, stress employee training and staying technologically current.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Boston, MA

Pros

There are some great people at Cengage and the open work environment is collaborative and fast paced. Management is trying to offer transparency to their goals and vision with frequent meetings and regular phone Q/As.

Cons

Very "be in the office" centric when the technology is in place to still actively collaborate remotely and be productive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication as you've been doing - the company morale, I feel, is improving and collaboration among groups is getting a lot better.

Great People, good culture, old strategy

Pros

The people and the culture are wonderful.

Cons

The market has changed and the company has an uphill battle to adapt to the changing face of education.

Advice to Management

Adopt new strategy