Cengage Learning

www.cengage.com

It's an Interesting time to be in Academic Publishing with Cengage Learning

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsCEO, Michael Hansen, inherited a difficult situation at Cengage Learning and has clearly brought in a strong upper management team and seems to be heading the Company in the right direction. With his tenure, there has been increased focus and collaboration on more of the right things.

ConsIt takes time to turn a large ship around, and there are still processes in place that are cumbersome and laborious. Although most of the "old guard" are no longer at the company, vestiges of the old culture remain, making it difficult to be quick and nimble.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation tends to lag behind salaries in other Bay Area industries ... and should be evaluated. Work/life balance should also be examined.

Good company but not happy with some recent changes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Boston, MA

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good benefits, good managers, excellent coworkers, excellent products. Cons: The company had an OK telecommuting policy. Out of the blue, an announcement was made last month that part of the company would just lose… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mason, OH

I have been working at Cengage Learning full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I have worked at Cengage for 15+ years. I have grown throughout my career here, taking on positions with greater responsibility. My managers… Cons: Being in Finance/Accounting, I sometimes feel disconnected from the customers and products. It is sometimes difficult to determine who in the company to… Advice to Senior Management: The new senior management seems very engaged with employees, which is a good thing. I would ask that they keep the lines of communication… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Cengage Learning.

Worked for Cengage Learning? Contribute to the Community!