CenseoHealth

There are newer employer reviews for CenseoHealth

Great Pay and Benefits with an Exciting, Growing Company

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CenseoHealth full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay ($15/ hour plus monthly bonus) and generous benefits. Pleasant office and work environment. Advancement opportunities within the company due to the rapidly growing business. Dynamic atmosphere given the growing nature of the business.

Cons

Making outbound calls all day can be tedious at times, but I feel I am well compensated for the work I do and am appreciated for my efforts.

24 Other Employee Reviews for CenseoHealth (View Most Recent)

Outbound Call Center.. Enough said.

Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at CenseoHealth

Pros

The pay is good at 15/hr, typical 8-5 or sometimes they will offer a 9-6 shift for special reasons, pretty good benefits as long as you keep 160 hrs/week. Other employees are all mostly under 30 years of age, young company. You can take your lunch whenever you want, overtime is optional every night but not required ever.

Cons

As a scheduling coordinator, it's all outbound calling. You sit there for 9 hours a day and call people to try to get them to book appointments with a doctor they have in their area. It is excruciatingly boring and repetitive, and I really don't think it is stressed enough in the interview what exactly you're signing up for. They push for you to get 100 appointments booked per week, and to make that you have to be constantly calling 100% of the time almost. Training was rushed, we were on the phones after one day and they never went over any 'rules' like what happens if you don't make your 100 appointments per week, how to request time off, etc etc. They say that they promote from within but I don't really think that many advancement options open up to different departments very often, and there's around 35 coordinators all vying for a rare opportunity to get out of the calling department.. kind of a dead-end job.

Have a better training system in place -- maybe more than one day to learn everything, ease people into the job so they're not as overwhelmed. Also, possibly let them into the office during the interview so that they really understand what they're getting into and can back out before it's too late. Also, offering part-time positions (30 hours a week or less) would be beneficial because some people just can't handle outbound calling for 40 hours a week.

Contracted Doctor

Current Employee - Physician Contractor
    Current Employee - Physician Contractor

I have been working at CenseoHealth as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The work is easy compared to alternatives. It is an information gathering only, no patient care. The information gathering can be tedious at times, but once you learn it goes pretty quickly for patients who are not easily sidetracked. You can call the patients yourself and rearrange the schedule. If the weather is nice there can be significant breaks in the day to do shopping, or take a walk. No one watches what you do really, so you have pretty nice control during the day within the confines of the schedule.

Cons

The company makes a lot of mistakes, forgetting to send the schedule out, sending out the wrong schedule. They don't tell you up front, but they don't pay for gas. You get paid by completed encounter so you may pay money not to get paid, if the patient is not home, or the encounter does not get completed on the CenseoHealth side. All the risk falls on the physician and there is no financial penalty to the company (other than not completed visits), to the mistakes, wrong information from Google maps (sometimes you are taken to the wrong address), or patient not being home. In 5 days. Also there is incentive to the company, but not for the physician to drive very long distances for very few patients. For example it is possible to spend three hours driving for the possibility of making one visit ($100). Subtract the gas from the $100 also. Sometimes the schedule is very well done, appointments all in a general area, but they will take you out of county if it benefits them (although they say they don't), and criss cross a county in ways that make no sense especially in congested areas. This costs the physician time and gas money. It is possible to rearrange the schedule somewhat by calling and asking to switch these patients however. The company really doesn't have problems finding physicians to do the work so there isn't any real reason to create an environment that will keep long term physicians. Also the company will ask you for work but sometimes there is no work. You can't count on them to provide work when they say. I had ask them to tell me when they knew work wouldn't be available that they had asked me to do. They said they would call but didn't. This is fairly typical of many locums companies.

There are newer employer reviews for CenseoHealth