Scheduling Coordinator

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator
Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator

I have been working at CenseoHealth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company offers very good pay and benefits, especially for a fairly entry-level position. The work environment is friendly for the most part and the hours are pretty structured. You work 8-5 Monday through Friday and are off holidays. The company also lets you work overtime which is nice because you get paid time and a half. I have seen people get promoted pretty quickly which is encouraging.

Cons

Can be monotonous at times, but I've worked in call centers before and this is a big improvement. Scehduling is sometimes out of of your control, but you are held accountable for hitting numbers.

More feedback

Other Reviews for CenseoHealth

Contracted Doctor

Current Employee - Physician Contractor
    Current Employee - Physician Contractor

I have been working at CenseoHealth as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The work is easy compared to alternatives. It is an information gathering only, no patient care. The information gathering can be tedious at times, but once you learn it goes pretty quickly for patients who are not easily sidetracked. You can call the patients yourself and rearrange the schedule. If the weather is nice there can be significant breaks in the day to do shopping, or take a walk. No one watches what you do really, so you have pretty nice control during the day within the confines of the schedule.

Cons

The company makes a lot of mistakes, forgetting to send the schedule out, sending out the wrong schedule. They don't tell you up front, but they don't pay for gas. You get paid by completed encounter so you may pay money not to get paid, if the patient is not home, or the encounter does not get completed on the CenseoHealth side. All the risk falls on the physician and there is no financial penalty to the company (other than not completed visits), to the mistakes, wrong information from Google maps (sometimes you are taken to the wrong address), or patient not being home. In 5 days. Also there is incentive to the company, but not for the physician to drive very long distances for very few patients. For example it is possible to spend three hours driving for the possibility of making one visit ($100). Subtract the gas from the $100 also. Sometimes the schedule is very well done, appointments all in a general area, but they will take you out of county if it benefits them (although they say they don't), and criss cross a county in ways that make no sense especially in congested areas. This costs the physician time and gas money. It is possible to rearrange the schedule somewhat by calling and asking to switch these patients however. The company really doesn't have problems finding physicians to do the work so there isn't any real reason to create an environment that will keep long term physicians. Also the company will ask you for work but sometimes there is no work. You can't count on them to provide work when they say. I had ask them to tell me when they knew work wouldn't be available that they had asked me to do. They said they would call but didn't. This is fairly typical of many locums companies.

Great, Growing Company!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CenseoHealth full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have a lot of really wonderful people in my department. I thoroughly enjoy working for both of my supervisors. They are very easygoing about being flexible with my schedule on days when that is necessary. I have a good level of autonomy. I am able to tailor some of my duties towards my strengths, and am able to receive help in the areas that I struggle with. Occasionally there are some late nights, but there are also days we are able to leave early. I was around when late nights and weekends were required every week, but we have improved our processes and grown out of that phase and I am very happy with the consistent schedule I have experienced this year.

Coffee and Tea are provided in each break room. There are no cooking surfaces or ovens, only microwaves. There are also vending machines, and a market on the 6th floor is coming soon. Also, there is a wonderful cafe on the first floor. I eat breakfast or lunch there a few times every week.

Benefits offered include Health, Vision, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance. No 401k option, but many positions have bonuses which allow for a little extra money each month to set aside for an IRA or 401k. There aren't really any other perks.

Overall, I find myself very fortunate for having found this job. I never dread coming to work.

Cons

The company is split on three different floors, so many people don't know each other. HR tries to schedule events outside of work to get everyone to mingle (monthly happy hours, Ranger's Games, 5ks, etc.) but it's rare for the entire company to be in one place together.

I wouldn't call the environment depressing, but it's very bland with NO personality. Very sterile and professional, which is how the upper-levels like it.

The way this building is set-up is not conducive to heating and air-conditioning individual offices. Sometimes there are extreme temperatures. Some offices or work areas are cold, and some are hot. Bring a jacket!

I have heard from several people that there is a large gap in pay. That some people (not just executives) make a lot of money, and others don't make very much at all.

I think allowing a little more "fun" in the office might lead to greater overall satisfaction and therefore productivity

It might be beneficial to look it over and make sure the pay structure looks appropriate for the level of management, and look into increasing the pay for the departments and/or managers that work as hard as other comparable employees.

There are newer employer reviews for CenseoHealth.

Worked for CenseoHealth? Contribute to the Community!