Centare

www.centare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Centare

Great local consulting company, you're not just a number

I have been working at Centare

Pros

I enjoy working for Centare Group and like that it is a privately held company that has a "family" feel to it. They care about their employees and work/life balance is important to them.. 28 days off is nice. They focus on long term relationships with employees and clients, so you get to work on good projects and they care about your career development.

The benefits package is good, but might not be as good as some of the packages you'll find at really large companies (at least from my experience, but I was spoiled :D). You do get paid for any hours you bill over 40 a week, which is a nice perk compared to other consulting companies.

Overall, I enjoy that I get to work with SMART PEOPLE. They do a good job making you feel connected to the company and your coworkers.. there are a lot of people to learn from. If you want to be a leader in the company, they will support you and help you make a plan on how to get there. I've had no problems getting approval for educational materials or certifications.

Cons

If you're big on promotions and title changes, it's a pretty flat organization. Like I said though, there are opportunities for leadership if you go after them.

I've been on a few projects that were less than ideal (older technology) but that can be expected in consulting. They did a good job making sure the next engagement was more challenging/exciting for me.

There have been a lot of new hires this year, so I would just say make sure everyone stays engaged. The bigger we get, the easier it will be for people to fall through the cracks. Don't lose the "small company" feel.

Centare Response

Sep 16, 2014VP Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the candid review! We're thankful to have you on the team and will take your feedback to heart!

13 Other Employee Reviews for Centare (View Most Recent)

A Better than Most Consulting Group

I have been working at Centare

Pros

Great benefits package with education. Good health plan. Paid time off for education

Cons

Educational benefits are strictly controlled and not deliverred in full as laid out bu management.

Engage with the consultants. Provide in house training. Maintain meaningful line of business groups. Establish a technology roadmap for staff to follow.

Excellent

Former Employee - Staff Consultant in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Staff Consultant in Brookfield, WI

I worked at Centare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a laundry list of things I loved about Centare during my time there:
    ~ Comfortable environment
    ~ Great co-workers
    ~ Fun projects
    ~ Continuous Education
    ~ Coding practices that weren't simply there because they were. There was always a drive for improvement and refinement.
    ~ Transparency from leadership

Cons

Pay scale - In my case, I opted for a higher pay rate over the excellent culture that Centare fosters. Incredibly difficult decision, though.

Centare Response

Jan 5, 2015VP HR

Thank you for the positive review! We are so glad you enjoyed your time here. The door is open if you'd ever like to come back. Best wishes!

There are newer employer reviews for Centare