There are newer employer reviews for Centene

A lot of stick and not much carrot.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Centene

Pros

It's a health plan and subsequently has excellent health insurance benefits. Health care industry in general is strong.

Cons

Silos. Not a lot of cross-functional communication within the ranks. Authoritarian leadership style - comes down from corporate. A lot of stick and not much carrot. Pay is lower than at other places I have worked.

Empower your employees. Show some gratitude and appreciation.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

You'll work for your money

Current Employee - Analyst III  in  Great Falls, MT
    Current Employee - Analyst III in Great Falls, MT

I have been working at Centene

Pros

For the area, Centene is a good place to work with really good benefits. If you are looking for a career, there are many chances for promotions within the company.

Cons

The downside is the level of achievement you are required to make to even remain in a neutral position and keep your job!

My advice to management would be to listen to your workers and supervisors when they come to you with solutions to minor and major problems.

10 years of lost time

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Centene

Pros

New business. Always plenty of new challenges. New applications. And I alwyas believed in what Centene's mission was. "Better health care at a lower cost". We provided health benefits for people that might not have had access to health care. I was proud to work for them.

Cons

Too many chiefs and not enough indians. They have 3 project managers for every one person that is d oing the work, A lot of people planning..and not so many people to do the work that is required The other comments are correct...It's a total kiss butt environment.

Centene was a different place 10 yrs ago. You have too many managers and Project Managers....no one who really knows the business..and believes in this company. 10 yrs ago Michael came to the office with his son on Thanksgiving day when most of IT was working...it would never happen now. He's lost his connection to the company/\.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!