Centene

www.centene.com
  www.centene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Not even sure what to say....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money is competitve - Cafeteria is nice. Clayton loacation is central

Cons

There is no work-life balance. Turn-over is amazing!

You think you are going to work for a company that "makes a difference" only to find they extort money from various states in order to turn a large profit. These are Medicaid dollars funding the lavish lifestyles of the executives, and also the new building with its fountains, high tech security, etc.

Beware of the specialty companies especially. You don't want to be around when the government finally gets around to auditing their books.

I think someone else said it before - "NEVERMIND" How many of us have asked for the same things - and we have been completely ignored. My saving grace? I'm out of there. After 6 years of employment, (abuse), I have to say, that was the worst job of my life. It cost me and my family so much.

199 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

Happy to be gone.

Former Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Health benefits.
    On site cafe.
    Worked with some great people.

Cons

Leadership will praise your hard work and long hours but less than a minute later will tell you that you should be happy you have a job in this economy.

Too many managers and not enough staff to actually do the work which leads to a very stressful work environment trying to turn a deliverable around in a short period of time.

My advice would be to begin thinking of your IT staff as an valuable asset and not as a expendible resource.

Comments from IT leadership describing why IT professionals chose IT as a career like "this is the life we chose" only highlights your distain for your employees. I think you would be hard pressed to find anybody in IT who chose it as a career so they could work long hours including weekends and major holidays.

Centene - Managed Health Services Indiana

Current Employee - Medical Management in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Medical Management in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Centene full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is competitive, and the benefits are above average. I consider the corporation to be stable. There are opportunities to grow. The senior management team is strong with no recent turnover.

Cons

I can list no cons for the business unit. At the corporate level, it is often heard that bandwidth is limited to support the needs of the business units and priority is given to new business.

At the local health plan level in Indiana, no advice to offer, as I am very satisfied as an employee. At the corporate level, improve the level of IT and infrastructure support given to the health plans. Corporate resources seem very "lean" and overwhelmed with multiple priorities at any given time. The company is growing and could use more staff, especially to better develop the platforms the health plans use daily to operate their business units.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene